Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I figured I'd go ahead and start another build thread for my truck since I'm in the process of lifting it already, so here it goes.

Well to start off ill tell you all a little bit of the hard aches I've had with this damn thing so far. So if anyone has seen my dually build thread I sold it mid last year because I didn't really think I needed a big diesel at the moment and to be out of debt sounded pretty good. Well that thought didn't last to long after I got rid of it and I couldn't stand not have a 4x4 diesel, so there I go searching high and low again for the perfect truck. My requirements were to find a low mileage lml that had to be silver and be fully loaded with a sunroof and preferably with black interior but wasn't a must. Well I started browsing CL and autotrader and found my current truck right outside of Washington D.C. Being that I'm in south Texas I thought it was a little far but I've always wanted to see the east coast, so I asked my good buddy if he wanted to take a road trip with me to go pick up a truck. Well he said screw it let do it, so I got all the paper work done for the truck and 2 weeks later we were on a plane to D.C. to pick up the truck and make the 26 road trip back to Corpus Christi. Well 5 hours outside of D.C. my unlucky luck kicks in and the poor def quality pops up on the DIC, so I stop at a truck stop and get some new def to put in there well needless to say that didn't work. I made it all the way to Knoxville TN on a friday night before the truck was just about to shut down. There was a big GM dealership there so I figured I'll get up early saturday morning, go to the dealer right down the road, get them to force regen it and I would be back on my way in no time. Wellll I get to the dealer and what do you know there diesel mechanic doesn't work Saturdays and the guys there couldn't help me till Monday when there diesel mechanic would be back at work. Well we had to be back Monday so my buddy could make it to his night classes, so on the dealers dime that I bought the truck from, I go and rent a car so we could get home and were on are way again. So Monday afternoon I call them and talk to the mechanic, he says there's 2 sensors in the exhaust that bad and it needs to be regened, so they ordered the parts needed and get it fixed. Now I run into the problem of how the hell I'm going to get the truck back to me cuz the dealer didn't want to ship it to me, well my mom and one of her friends end up taking a road trip to go and get it for me. So that's pretty much my story of my luck and the truck ha now we can get to the good stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
HOLY SHIT DUDE!!! Good luck on the rest......

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So here is the couple of pictures I have of the truck when I bought it. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Well once I got the truck I started reading about all the problems that were going on with the cp4, so I called up WCFab and ordered there cp3 conversion, y-bridge kit, IC pipes, intake and some motorops tuning. Since I was deleting everything I went ahead and order a flopro stainless 5"exhaust, airdog 4g 165 and mbrp downpipe.

Once I got everything I started tearing everything apart, Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Engine
Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Hood
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And continued

Attachments

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Under the hood I still need to do some cleaning up and rerouting of things but here's how it looks, all the powder coating is a Virginia teal with a heavy metal base coat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well now this pretty much brings you all up to speed to where I'm at right now. I'm in the process of lifting the truck, I have it pretty much completely tore apart right now and everything is at the powder coaters Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part
. There a little behind so it's going to be about 2 weeks before there for which gives me hopefully plenty of time to get the whole list of things that I wanna get done to the truck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As for the lift I ended up going with the 7" mcgaughtys kit that already came powder coated silver so there was only a couple pieces if the lift that will be getting coated teal. For the rims I went with 2 piece 22x14 Fuel renegades and I also got the lips coated in teal as well. For the tires I went with 35x12.50 super swamper boggers, now I know there's going to be guys not liking the "stanced" look with the stretched tires but hey you can't please everyone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A couple little other things, almost 2 years ago my best friend lost his mother to breast cancer so since then I've kinda been into putting pink into things and what not. That's exactly what I'll be doing with this truck, ill be painting a couple things pink underneath the truck and putting a breast cancer ribbon sticker or 2 on the window. I also got custom pink license plates made. Text Font Floor Flooring Advertising
this was the first set I got, I didn't like the color of them so I had them remake the plates and they look much more pink now I just don't have a pic of the new ones.

Im also putting in the denali center console cup holder Rust Wood stain Metal
and this is what I'm wanting to do to it but I'm keeping it the wood grain look. Vehicle Car Center console Luxury vehicle Technology
I'll be using the switches for the led's I'll be putting under the truck, light bar in the bumper and I'm going to be putting a power inverter in the console so there will be a 120v outlet in one of the switch holes and a switch to control the power inverter.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some of the other things I am wanting to do while I wait for powder, the reason I have the bed pulled is because I'm going to be stripping all the oil crap off the frame and painting the whole frame. I'm waiting to also lift the can up a little bit so I can paint under there a little easier but I'm still debating it. Ill be pulling the rear end, cleaning it all up and slapping some paint on there, polishing out the drive shaft and exhaust, ill be building a dual chrome 7"stack setup like the soflo stacks that are side by side, dropping the front diff and painting that, cognito support kit and skyjacker dual shock steering stabilizer. That's about all for now but will keep the thread updated.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Looks awesome!
Been contemplating going crazy with my Denali or get a 15.
The Struggle is real.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks awesome!
Been contemplating going crazy with my Denali or get a 15.
The Struggle is real.
Haha I know when I bought this truck I didn't like the new 15s really but now, gosh I'd love to have a new silver denali

·
Registered
349 Posts
This will be sick

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys, well I just got the plates to start the stack setup, so I'll be starting that today.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Can't wait to see this come together! Subd

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Wow! :thumb

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
looks good. i cant wait to do my y bridge! lots of work here. better hold onto it lol

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got everything back from powder coaters today besides the UCA's. The weather is finally good enough for me to get some work done on the truck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's the color in the sun light. Today starts the cleaning and painting of the million pieces that need to be painted.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.