Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 lml tune and deleted ppei tunes... Converter is shuddering while Im towing my camper its happening around 70-75 mph in 6th gear. I installed a solenoid delete plug to increase the line pressure and this did not help. Other then the shudder the trans shifts perfect and when its unloaded it only does it occasionally and very lightly... Im going to install a new converter and was told that I should not run a triple disc converter with a stock trans. Is this a true statement? What are my options?

·
Premium Member
17,808 Posts
I have a 16 lml tune and deleted ppei tunes... Converter is shuddering while Im towing my camper its happening around 70-75 mph in 6th gear. I installed a solenoid delete plug to increase the line pressure and this did not help. Other then the shudder the trans shifts perfect and when its unloaded it only does it occasionally and very lightly... Im going to install a new converter and was told that I should not run a triple disc converter with a stock trans. Is this a true statement? What are my options?
You should NOT tow in in 6th gear- use the Tow Haul mode. That is why it is there.
I don't think adding a multi disk converter will hurt anything, but going that far, you should consider refreshing/upgrading the internal parts.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I agree that towing in 6th isn't a good idea unless your trailer is pretty light. You may actually get better economy in 5th. If you do the converter I would consider a trans-go kit too. A refresh of the clutches wouldn't hurt.

Are you really sure it is the converter that is slipping? Have you scanned the engine, input and output RPMs to verify it?

If the engine RPMs rise but the input RPMs don't then it is the converter. If the input RPMs rise too but the output RPMs don't rise then it is a clutch in the transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts