Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just did my swap today, that filter is massive. The adapter came out easy and the new one an in easy, It took 11 quarts to fill

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did the cat filter conversion a couple days ago. 2019 L5P hit a bump and a lot of parts fell off before this.. (wink wink) I didn’t know until now about the Donaldson filter. Too late now, fresh 15w40 Rotella t6 and conversion kit. Will do next time if I keep this setup. I know I should have dug deeper before jumping in but my
Biggest concern is not having an ADBV. I’ve read mixed thoughts on this. Any concrete answers? I’m ok with no bypass just don’t want dry starting issues.
please and thanks!

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Biggest concern is not having an ADBV.
Oil doesn't drain/flow uphill.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks Bob !
I made the switch to the Donaldson set up today. I am using Mobil syn turbo diesel. I have tried several different oil and filter combos since I purchased this l5p. This filter is enormous but it fits with no problem and does not hang down below the transmission.
I can say that my truck is running much quieter with the Mobil than with any of the other synthetics I’ve tried.
I will be sending in my sample of Chevron delo syn with stock filter this week and will post the results. When I reach ~ 8000 on this combo I will send to Blackstone for comparison.
Thanks again for all of your posts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
woke up at 4am and read this entire thread.. my truck has been deleted and tuned efi live and fass 150 since 8k miles .. always have ran Donaldson fuel filters and air filters .. makes me sleep better knowing they make good products but also makes me wonder why oil filter was never a Donaldson but the usual good name brands .. I’m thinking of doing the switch so it’s 99 percent efficient because it looks like all the other filters I’ve been running are in the 10 micron range at 90 percent .. can anyone link me on the Donaldson website or anywhere at that where it says this big filter is 99.9 efficient at 10 microns ? I can’t find it online besides the pic he linked on page one .. everyone still running these ? I change my synthetic T6 every 6-7 k including filter either I went to a garage sale two summers ago and got a box half full with 5 K&N gold series filters with the easy wrench offs that I forgot I had so I found it while lookin for a tool while I was working inside the house and used it on this last oil change with T6 and the k&n on start up my oil pressure is basically right near his .. and online it says 10 micron rating but 90% so am I just tired at 4am and reading this wrong but how is the Donaldson 10 microns as well but 99.9 efficient if the microns are the same size. I love Donaldson I use it for everything else so I might be going this route

201 - 210 of 210 Posts