Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new to this so bare with me, I have a 2011 lml duramax denali that has a 5in straight pipe and efi live autocal tuned by fleece performance. the truck runs great no problems at all but, I have noticed at the end of the pipe the "soot" looks baked on. it is kind of flaky and when you run you finer on it nothing comes off like a normal diesel powdery "soot" you expect. when you look at your finger all that is there is a slight oily texture but nothing else. my egt's are normal and truck is not over heating. the truck barely blows any smoke so I am just wondering what would cause this. I run the truck on street as my daily drive tune, although its not crazy like race is it is still very powerful over stock. let me know what you guys think.
thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
I believe it's just the moisture in the exhaust mixing with the soot. It seems to almost create a slew. Mine does the same thing. Seems to be worse on colder days when you are creating more moisture from hot gases through a cold exhaust upon startup. I'm curious to see what others say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.