Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got bigger tires and needed to cut a bit off my fender liner and doing this i noticed i exposed my intake which comes out behind the fender liner im worried when it rains water might find its way up to my intake if anyone has experience with this lmk

·
Registered
364 Posts
I dont understand. I must be missing somehting here. I have had a LML (used mostly for heavy towing...i mean..who would want to drive a big pig like that on a regular basis as a substitute for a passenger car...? ) had it for a couple of years now- it came with "factory" wheels and tires. One of the tires failed recently, , so I went to a tire shop where they looked at the tires and wheels; were able to figure out what size the truck is... set me up with one that seems to be the same size as the others. May I inquire....if the tire shop that sold you a tire that is so much bigger you need to alter your vehicle, shouldn't you take the tire back and demand they exchange it for the correct size?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I dont understand. I must be missing somehting here. I have had a LML (used mostly for heavy towing...i mean..who would want to drive a big pig like that on a regular basis as a substitute for a passenger car...? ) had it for a couple of years now- it came with "factory" wheels and tires. One of the tires failed recently, , so I went to a tire shop where they looked at the tires and wheels; were able to figure out what size the truck is... set me up with one that seems to be the same size as the others. May I inquire....if the tire shop that sold you a tire that is so much bigger you need to alter your vehicle, shouldn't you take the tire back and demand they exchange it for the correct size?
needs wants desires...

Not everyone wants to stick with OEM sized tires. Seems as though OP opted for a larger setup, common in the truck world. I know many people, myself included, who have a diesel as a daily driver without issue.

OP - how much do you think will be exposed? Dirt wont be as much of an issue as rain and or snow/salt depending where you live. They make pre-filters that you can wrap the filter with to help a bit but it all depends on how much you think will be exposed to the elements

Reactions: DMaxRocks

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
But but but, these trucks are at the pinnacle of perfection the way they roll off the assembly line, they shouldn’t be touched and you shouldn’t be allowed to own one unless you also own a large bumper pull trailer in the neighborhood of 11,000lbs 😬

You guys should have been In on the conversations a while back when he was trashing people for deleting/lifting/big tires/wheels/driving/doing ANYTHING to their trucks....what morons they were!!!!

Then his DPF clogged up and we got to hear the big dramatic saga about how GM was intentionally trying to kill him but he was going to sue them out of existence for their evil ways in an epic showdown of tit-for-tat.

I made a post recommending maybe cutting it off and having a commercial truck shop clean it, then clamp or weld it back in......he basically called me retarded and said the dpf was “not serviceable like a OTR truck”......yet that’s exactly what he did before ultimately deleting (hypocrite much :unsure:).

Glad to see the old farts still around, he’s entertaining in a I just stepped on a big rusty nail kinda way:LOL:

Reactions: Busa Dave

·
Registered
641 Posts
Minus the heavy haulers who I see running firestone's with the construction companies around here, I can honestly say I do not kno of a single diesel in my area who are running stock, or even a OEM spec tires and or rims.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts