Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Quick background, I bought my 12 CCSB last year, put 30kish on it and have gotten to all to frequent regens that started after using my Edge Evolution CTS3 in their “performance” tune. So I decided to delete and EFI live it with a delete kit from REDACTED. I HAVE NOT pulled the exhaust yet, just haven’t had time but did install the canned tunes from them and the switch tonight…

I can’t feel a single bit of difference between any switch position! Watching PIDs on the CTS3, fuel pressure desired and actual, boost, etc all look exactly as they did stock and with the Edge tunes.
Am I expecting too much with it not deleted yet? I should have the exhaust done this weekend, but I guess I was thinking there’d be a more drastic difference between tunes even with a full factory exhaust setup…

Also, when trying to verify, other than the LED on the back of the switch, that it’s actually changing between tunes, the Data Display on the EFI Live controller constantly says “restarting”… anyone know what might be going on there or have any insight??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hope you find an answer, I'm in a similar situation.

A month ago I picked up a new-to-me 2014 LML with, DEF/DPF delete, EFI Live by Kory Willis, DPS 5 from PPEI and EZ Link. I want to change the DSP5 to best mileage (#4) for my hotshot business but was told I need to change the EZ Link to the SOTF tune. I was hoping the DPS5 would be just a simple change but maybe not? I don't plan to change my DPS5 very often, don't need more power, just MPG's.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check that the dsp5 pins are fully seated in the correct location in the ecm.
Other than that, not sure. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
I do not believe your Evolution CTS3 has delete tunes in it. I believe all the tunes do is allow you to mess with the performance (And yes,m the soot buildup will increase with some of them, hence the more frequent Regens).

If you delete the exhaust you are going to go into limp mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Edge CTS3 definitely doesn’t support any deleting, verified that with Edge, which is why I went to the EFI Live v3 and the DSP5.
@Elcamino, I did verify the pins are seated physically and with the ‘led test’ included with the switch. I’ve seen conflicting info on which sockets to actually use, 11/35 and another combo I don’t recall immediately. May reach out to dpfdelete in the morning and see if they’ve got any other ideas as well…

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
After swapping out the new rear gear I needed to update my ratio so I needed to find someone to do it and PPEI is really the only one I see offering ( however they are Emission Compliant ). I have to say is there a difference sure but I already miss my ATP tunes. ATP on any DSP5 setting just put you in the seat, These feel like you pulling the leash back around a stallion wanting to run. I just hope this does not effect me pulling the Big trailer or I'm going to be pissed.

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,879 Posts
First, you probably don't have the switch installed correctly, which would keep the truck in Tune 1, which is almost always stock settings.

Second, running delete tunes before deleting is asking for expensive problems. Don't do it.

Third, @L.R.S. I would highly recommend you do not tow on #4 if that is your economy setting, especially if you're using the truck for hotshotting. You're going to smoke your transmission. Diesels typically get better mileage when you crank the horsepower. The economy setting on most every boxed tuner (meaning the tune wasn't written specifically for only your truck) is usually a 100 to 150hp gain and meant for unloaded daily driving. Hooking up to a heavy trailer on that setting without a built trans will limp your transmission real quick.

Lasly, deleting or otherwise altering the emissions systems on vehicles in the United States is a federal crime and discussions regarding the tuning or parts removal is against forum rules. I have to close this thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.