Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may or may not post up my whole install. There are a few threads here already plus all the youtube videos.

Just wanted to let you guys know Western Diesel has upgraded the bracket to brushed stainless steel, and added as nice stiffener to it as well.

The kit no longer comes with molded hoses, which is a drag.

I'll post up my work-around for that when I get it all together which may not be for a few weeks...

I need to get my car together for the CHRR next weekend....

·
Premium Member
2012 3500 hd srw
394 Posts
Like the stiffener. I made up across brace for mine. Also didn't get molded hoses. Got some hoses from Summit.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Since the kit no longer comes with the molded 180 degree bend hoses, my buddy made me some aluminum 1/2" heavy wall, barbed, 180 bends to route the hoses over the the relocated filter head...

Easy-Peasy....

·
Premium Member
2012 3500 hd srw
394 Posts
Cool. Nice to have buddy that can make stuff. The Blue hoses from Summit will bend without kink,just not as tight as your aluminum bend.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts

Since the kit no longer comes with the molded 180 degree bend hoses, my buddy made me some aluminum 1/2" heavy wall, barbed, 180 bends to route the hoses over the the relocated filter head...

Easy-Peasy....
man, i wish i had a set of those when i did my install. i found some similar things online from home beer brewing suppliers but the cost on food grade stuff was like half of the cost of the relocation kit just in those 2 bent tubes. I would really like to see something like this included in the kit. From talking to them, it was hinted at that something like this might be in the works as a solution to the hose issue. I would have paid more for the kit to include these though.

I wouldn't mind seeing another write up on this, The first one was good but i think more exposure to this kit would make a lot of owners lives better. Im honestly surprised no one had made this kit years ago. Such a simple solution to a frustrating problem.

·
Registered
608 Posts

Easy-Peasy....
Hey man, I posted the original thread a few years ago, ran into my first major issue last weekend. The molded hoses that came with the original kit failed, cracked and leaked fuel everywhere. I spoke with Western Diesel, that’s the reason they no longer offer those hoses, they were made in China and they had others with similar problems. I have a temporary fix in place to bypass my filter at the moment using a piece of hose bent in a 180. The pics you posted in this thread are no longer visible, what solution did you come up with? I’m wondering if I should just put the housing back in the stock location.

Reactions: BrokenBackJack

·
Premium Member
2012 3500 hd srw
394 Posts
If these are 25.00 I would like to buy a pair. Pm me with info for where. To send money. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2012 3500 hd srw
394 Posts
Yes was quite happy. Really cleaned up engine bay. Auto part Engine Fuel line Auto part Engine Fuel line Automotive engine part

1 - 12 of 12 Posts