Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a FASS system, they open the connection between the flexible pickup line and the steel line to the engine compartment and insert the lines to the pump/filter assembly at that point.

I can't figure out how to release the fitting (orange "collar" on a black fitting). Am I supposed to push in the ends of the orange tabs or remove the entire orange collar? Nothing seems to work...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2013, it it makes a difference on the connection.

·
Registered
418 Posts
2013, it it makes a difference on the connection.
got a picture of it? My LMM had a red clip and the back of it has two tabs on the edge you gotta spread and it loosens, not sure if it’s the same clip or not but won’t budge without freeing those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the picture from the installation manual, mine looks the same.

·
Registered
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 DRW
10 Posts
I had to use 1/2” fuel line disconnect to get mine apart. Red clip comes out then slide the fuel line disconnect tool into the fitting and apply pressure to the disconnect tool while you apply pressure on the line.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yeah I. The back there’s two tabs push them both away from the hose so to say and the whole piece should slide forward loosening the connection and then it’ll slide right off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It turns out, all I needed was a release tool, the fuel line pulled right out of the connector.
release tool.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts