Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 LML with a mini-max dpf delete. The truck runs fine but I have recently noticed a rattling noise when the truck is idling. I took the truck to the dealership today and they seem to think it is internal. The service rep wants me to set the truck back to factory for some time and clear out the comp. My main question is has anyone else experienced a rattling noise coming from the fender wells? I actually noticed it a little before I put the H & S Mini on the truck but thought nothing of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
Im pretty sure its a hose or something. I will find the thread about it!

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
There is a Bulletin for your moan, buzz under acceleration between 2300 and 2600 rpm..The # is PIP4826. It is a 10 minute fix. The heater hose from the EGR cooler to the heater core has to be rotated 60 degrees counter clockwise on the end that goes into the EGR cooler. I did the repair myself and the noise is gone completely. Get this done or do it yourself and your noise will be gone. Mine also did it from the day i got it, i don't rev it that high much so i only noticed it when i really got into it. The dash would buzz a little bcause of the reverberating coolant flow into the firewall for heater core. The molded bend in the heater hose has to be turned so the bend is straight up ( 12 o clock position). I have done 3 of my friends trucks that had the same noise and same hose position, all are 100% quiet now (except for Johnie's truck, he likes to turn off traction control and make tire noise )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts