Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I currently have the Hiss tune. Very little rumble(randomly)usually when the truck is doing a VGT sweep. Anyways I was just told rumble is not available for LML?! I got the hiss sound. Only have rumble for a second or 2 (randomly) And I was asking my mechanic. He said they told him they won't do the rumble tune bc it changes the VGT and will cause you severe hesitation/dead spot at idle?!? SMH...…………………………… Like how bad have you guys notice this type of situation? Like am I just going to be replacing the VGT sensor constantly(how many miles/times until???) Im so confused why? Is their not a way to bypass this headache? Thanks for helping me understand the situation?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I have had a rumble tune on my LML for over 120,000 miles and have no issues. The only difference I noticed was in sound of the exhaust at idle. Good luck man!

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
*cough cough*

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
You have had a different experience I guess??

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Sorry, im saying that a rumble tune causing issues is bullshit. His tuner doesnt want to take the 3 minutes it would take to revise his tune set and send it back out. His mechanic doesnt know what hes talking about either if hes listening to them.

Reactions: SheeB

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Aahhh, yea I agree.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Sorry, im saying that a rumble tune causing issues is bullshit. His tuner doesnt want to take the 3 minutes it would take to revise his tune set and send it back out. His mechanic doesnt know what hes talking about either if hes listening to them.
I agree. Sorry just figured out how to quote a post using phone lol.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Just to play devils advocate here, If the vanes are in the open position for the rumble tune at idle, then wouldent the vanes have to sweep all the way to almost closed every time you hit the gas? where as if you had a hiss tune, the vanes are already almost closed and dont need to sweep the whole range?

Im not saying the mechanic or tuner is right, just wondering if there is in fact NO difference, or just little difference between the two.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
In my situation, I could not feel any difference in performance. I do like the hiss, but it gets old real quick... The rumble tune is much more every day friendly as far as noise. Just my opinion..

Reactions: deez112

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Find if you can at this point a new tuner man, the rumble has no effect good or bad on taking off from an idle. It does sound much better than the hiss in my opinion though.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Throw a cts2 autocal or tech 2 on a rumble tuned truck vs a hiss tuned truck and watch what the vanes do from idle to acceleration. I dont have anything vvt/vgt anymore so i cant post a video lol

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I figured something wasn't right, when I was told this. Espicially, when Kory Willis posted (years ago!) Asking everyone if they would rather want RUMBLE VS HISS sound. Whenever everyone said rumble, he said "Alright let me make some adjustments and everyone should be able to update in the next week" hmmm...… so, seems as if someone isn't stating something to me correctly, or someone doesn't want to take the time to re-config the table setup. I mean I like hiss do not get me wrong! But, there is something about that calmer rumble tone that sounds relaxing, then when WOT she gives that scream!!! I would like to have the hiss every once and a while. But, danggggg. I'm now stumped on where to go from here now. GDP?MOPs? Since, this tune was going thru Anarchy, im worried that our paths have crossed lines, at this point in time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts