Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so tonight i popped mthe hood on my new 2015 LML to check the oil level. Only has 1000 miles on it right now. Oil level was just fine, but the color of the oil is what got me. It looked like it was freshly put in. Very little discoloration. Heck my LMMs oil was jet black on the dipstick even right after a fresh oil change.

Is the black oil in the old LMM due to the fuel dilution process from regens or do the diesel engines just get "dirtier" (for lack of a better term) looking oil as they have more miles on them? Just curious because I never saw clean oil in my LMM ever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
On a new LML its is just a matter of time (miles) before it turns black. And once this happens, it seems like it is never as clean again (like a gas engine), even after an oil change. That's how it turned out on my 2011 LML.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.