Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished wrapping up my compound install from SDP and threw a code for P007D right when I started it up.

The code is - Charge Air Cooler (CAC) Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage

Some additional info - I stole a sensor out of my buddies LML and swapped it into mine (tried it on both the turbo housing and pass cold pipe) with no luck. Also part of the instal entailed cutting into the MAP sensor to extend the harness to the new location and also splicing the coolant bottle sensor. I didn't need to touch the wires for the air temp sensor (the one in question according to the code).

My question is, has anyone else seen this? Could it be a problem with the tuning or should I be looking somewhere else?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Same code I had when doing my CP3 conversion this week. Found out I had the wrong harness plugged in. I take it you got the reduced engine power message? I'm guessing you verified you have the correct harness plugged in?
Could the sensor itself be bad? I do not think the tuning has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep it's the same thing, reduced power. How did the message go away for you? Fix the connection and it dropped the code or did you have to clear it and put some miles on it?

I tried a new sensor out of my friends truck with the same error. It's possible I'm plugging into the wrong connector but I don't think so. I'm going to run through it again here in an hour or so.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beebe- what connector did you have it plugged into? I just checked and I'm not seeing anywhere else it could possibly go. There is an empty connector towards the back of the head that it could potentially work with but there's no way it could have reached the stock sensor.

Here's a pic of the connection off my temp sensor on the passanger IC pipe. The brown & purple wires is the lead coming from the harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the location of the stock sensor on the black plastic pipe.

We used this one out of my buddies truck to test with.

Attachments

·
GMC..Professional Grade
3,962 Posts
You mentioned turbo housing, but the intake temp sensors are located in the factory y-pipe and the one in the stock pic, on the cold pipe. the turbo housing one is emissions related iirc.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the issue, I had a friend come over and go over it with me again for another set of eyes and he found the other connector.

Thanks Beebe for the tip!

The thing rips now!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You mentioned turbo housing, but the intake temp sensors are located in the factory y-pipe and the one in the stock pic, on the cold pipe. the turbo housing one is emissions related iirc.
I wasn't sure if that sensor was part of the same system at that point. I didn't have the troubleshooting instructions with me at the time we were swapping the sensor so I tried it in that position to help narrow it down.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sorry would have answered sooner had to work a long shift at work. Glad you got it. Yeah I was not happy with that code I thought I was going to be chasing a wire gremeline thank goodness it was something easy. Make sure you post a video. Also how the trans holding up? That's next up on my list.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No worries man, it gave me enough to go off to start second guessing then eventually find the issue - you were right on the money.

The trans is holding up great, no complaints at all.

Here's a video I took last night screwing around. 5mph roll up to about 85.
http://youtu.be/Mn1dPmGCfIc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.