1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Those numbers look great, but how are they achieving them? Are we looking at an upgraded turbo, higher pump pressure, etc. Don't know about you guys, but my lmm has more than enough balls than what I need, plus I only have to deal with the dpf and not a urea system. I'm wondering how the new diesels will pan out with the urea systems. I would hate to see it happen, but I think the tree huggers are trying to phase out diesel vehicles to the general public by adding all of this emission crap to the engines. Hopefully everything works out with the new diesel. I hope to see some feedback on them once they are on the streets.

·
Registered
686 Posts
well after all the BS its 300 and 600 to the ground if ur lucky..?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
It will only be a matter of time before guys are retro fitting LML pistons and rods.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
seems the added weight was the need for the higher horespower/torque numbers , which means they probably won't be any faster than the previous engines

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
well here's how I look at it......right now pretty much any company can add extra tuning and a half decent tranny and get GREAT numbers.....I think this whole bumping up 20HP a year is their way to make crap tons of money. If they started selling 500HP trucks 10 years ago...why would people upgrade?

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Precisely Eric. Its all marketing. Kinda like the HP wars in the late 60's.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh and i love that the weight ratings comparison uses an F450 against a 3500

but the chevy still has the strongest rated rear axle and the front IFS is finally rated as high as the others

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Wonder what the sticker price will be on these trucks. Seems like every year they change the engine, the purchase price get more expensive. Nevertheless, I cant wait to see what EFI Live will do to the LML!!

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I merged these two threads on the same topic. didnt go quite as planned. lol

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
urea port=direct port n20 injection:D

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
go ahead crush my dreams

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
man its all about the nitrous going into the DPF during regen so that you can blow that sucker off the truck, then its not illegal cause it killed itself :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
man its all about the nitrous going into the DPF during regen so that you can blow that sucker off the truck, then its not illegal cause it killed itself :D
Hahaha:rof:rof:rof
DPF Regen Suicide:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts