Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I've searched and looked through 136 pages of leveled LML thread and trying to figure out tire size that will work. I'm looking at getting the Cognito control arms, something with close to a +18 offset wheel since I don't want them to stick out too far, and stuck on the tire size. From what it looks like I can get up to a 295/60/20. I don't really want to cut anything up on the fender or do the Norcal mod. Is this possible? any pictures with this set up would be appreciated.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. How much different are the '15s to the 12's? I obviously know body style but how much did the wheel opening change.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The 15s look to have much bigger wells but someone who has had both needs to jump in

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is the set up you are talking about but I did have to do some trimming to the back side of the fenders

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a 2014 LML Pretty sure my wheel wells are same as yours I run 305/55 20 on a Fuel +20 Offset rim I have my T-bars turned up 1.5" in the front so not fully leveled and I barely rubbed when turning hard while backing up. I did the NorCal small fender mod anyway.

20141129_141326.jpg

20141129_141528.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the set up you are talking about but I did have to do some trimming to the back side of the fenders
Was it trimming as far as doing to fender mod on it or was it just the liner that had to be trimmed?

·
Registered
98 Posts
It was the fender mod

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well to revive an old thread I started. Just got my UCA's and should be installing this weekend which mean when the snow is gone will order up some rims and tires. I can't seem to find people running and mud flaps. Do they rub with the 296/60 set up? Do people just not like them?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone know if factory mud flaps will pose an issue?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any one know on the mud flap issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
They more then likely will cause an issue in the front.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been trying to get an answer on the mudflap thing for a while too, just with a different tire size. A friend told me he had to remove the front mud-flaps to fit 20 x 9 +18 offset wheels with 285-55R20 tires. So I would guess the 295s would require the mudflap be removed as well.

I am going to be installing the aforementioned set up on my truck this weekend hopefully and then I am going to look a kick back style mudflap and see if I can modify it to work. If I can't make it work I think I am just going to stick with stock wheels.

I will let you know how it goes next week.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I figured I'd bump this one last time. Seems that no one has run mud flaps at all to answer this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry I haven't had a chance to take photos but my set-up is installed and the tire rubs the mudflap a bit on the drivers side - not enough to make me remove the mudflap though.

And I think I can make it work without any rub with a little bit of tweaking with the mounting location. From what I can see, it would be impossible to run a larger tire than I have and keep the front mud flaps with no trimming - at least if you have a +18 offset wheel.

When you say factory flaps are you talking molded hard plastic ones or the rubber ones?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm looking at running a +20 offset wheel and it would be the hard plastic ones that are on the truck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
there is a gentleman on here with a '13 regular cab with the plastic molded mudflaps running a 33 x 12.5 R18 with +18 offset wheels and he says he has no rub. The molded mudflaps must take a little less space then the rubber ones that hang down like i have. if he can run a 12.5" wide tire that is 33" tall with no rub, your 295s (roughly 33.9" tall and only 11.6" wide) may just work with no rub.

I would think since you are narrower it should give you a little more clearance, even if yours are a bit taller. Of course I haven't done it so i am by no means saying it will for sure work - so you might just have to take the plunge and pray a bit! Or just run a different size tire that you know will fit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it's official, it is not possible to run a Fuel 20x9 +20 with a 295/60/20 Nitto G2 without rubbing. Although the good news for people that are interested you can do the small fender mod and still used the molded mud flap and have no rubbing issues.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts