Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is this a new lift? is it any good?

·
Registered
68 Posts
idk if its new but have heard rough country makes a good lift. I like the price of it but not sure of the shocks. I would like to know if anyone runs this also. I might have to look into this for my truck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I work at a tire company, we do lifts and this is one of are company's we work for. They have horrible customer service, half the time they don't know what they are talking about with there own product. As for quality of the product, the ride is very ruff compared to other company's like zone, and others, but you get what you pay for.
That is my opinion about them, I try to push away from them with customer, being with I work with that company and I'm not impressed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Both BDS and Cognito make a NTD, both really good company's.
Zone is a sister company of BDS.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I work at a tire company, we do lifts and this is one of are company's we work for. They have horrible customer service, half the time they don't know what they are talking about with there own product. As for quality of the product, the ride is very ruff compared to other company's like zone, and others, but you get what you pay for.
That is my opinion about them, I try to push away from them with customer, being with I work with that company and I'm not impressed.
the ride being bad, would that be because of the shocks provided with lift or combo of both lift and shocks?

·
Registered
491 Posts
i got the RCX NTD .. no issues here... drives good feels good at 5 inches.. ran a 3" block in the back. Im happy with it.. no complaints here.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have to double check with my guy but this might be the NTB 7 inch kit set 5

Almost Flat

·
Registered
70 Posts
the ride being bad, would that be because of the shocks provided with lift or combo of both lift and shocks?
It is a combination of the two. You can upgrade the shocks, which will help. To get a good ride out of it, it's not going to be a 5".
Like Djreversal he has a 7" and it lowered to a 5-6" and it rides nice. That's because that is what it really is a 5" that they claim is a 7".
The company then cranks the torsion keys to get the other 1-2", that's when the ride gets horrible and wearing out parts faster then normal.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is a combination of the two. You can upgrade the shocks, which will help. To get a good ride out of it, it's not going to be a 5".
Like Djreversal he has a 7" and it lowered to a 5-6" and it rides nice. That's because that is what it really is a 5" that they claim is a 7".
The company then cranks the torsion keys to get the other 1-2", that's when the ride gets horrible and wearing out parts faster then normal.
will the 5" kit be an actual 5" lift then. that doesn't need cranking?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I ran the factory shocks figured I would just let them run in there till I finished my build then I'll probably upgrade to fox

·
Registered
491 Posts
By factory I mean what came with the lift, also added steering stabilizer which made a nice difference with the 35s

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
No the kit is not new. It's old. The 5" and 7.5" are the exact same kit. Both are 5 inch drops meaning you'll have factory angles when set at 5". There's no ride difference between zone and rcx when set at the same height. I just installed a zone 5" on my buddies lml and it's no different than the rcx I helped a friend out with a week before. Just buy whichever one you can get for cheaper. I think the zone is actually cheaper

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No the kit is not new. It's old. The 5" and 7.5" are the exact same kit. Both are 5 inch drops meaning you'll have factory angles when set at 5". There's no ride difference between zone and rcx when set at the same height. I just installed a zone 5" on my buddies lml and it's no different than the rcx I helped a friend out with a week before. Just buy whichever one you can get for cheaper. I think the zone is actually cheaper
thanks that helped me alot. and yea I can get both for same price that's why I was kind of stuck between and am going to run it low as I can to clear 35's. so that being said she keep good angles and ride then.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.