Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have an 05 LLY and i hate how often i fill the tank on long trips. Not bad mileage, just a tiny tank. Seems like i never get more than like 18 gallons in it on a fillup. Wondering if the bigger tank that comes on the LMLs could work if i found one wrecked or something? Does anyone know if this could work or has anyone tried it? Sure seems like it would be alot cheaper than the Titan, even though that would be nice to have 50 somethin gallons!

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea thats what i figured. But it never hurts to ask. I was surprised i hadnt come across someone at least asking. Is there any cheaper option than the Titan? That just seems so freakin steep. Thanks for the quick reply!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Transferflow makes one as well. I don't think its cheap either though lol.

I always just add a tank in the bed and plumb it into the stock tank. Couldn't be bothered to stop that frequent for fuel

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually have a transfer tank sitting in the shop and its a smaller one that fits under a toolbox in the bed. I have been doing alot of thinking on it too. But id like to have something that bolts up where the factory one is. I guess beggers cant be choosers. I might just save up and get a titan or somethin. BUT if i decide to use the transfer tank ill at least post it up with pictures so maybe itll help someone else. :thumb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts