Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice! So the spool up on the 369 is still faster than a billet 366? I also read the sxe have upgraded thrust bearings? How does it compare to the stock charger on the lml?

·
Registered
17,583 Posts
Nice! So the spool up on the 369 is still faster than a billet 366? I also read the sxe have upgraded thrust bearings? How does it compare to the stock charger on the lml?
Yep it has a severe duty 360 degree thrust bearing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So I take it that fixes a lot of the issues that I have read about the standard s366 thrust bearings? Is the sxe kit different from the standard s300 kit? Where did you order the turbo from?

·
Registered
126 Posts
sub, I have the itch to upgrade. Torn between twins vs single

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
man its hard to beat twins. ive driven and owned many different set ups including single turbos, twins, etc and i always go back to twins. I just love the drivability of them, quick spool, low EGTs, low drive pressures, etc.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yea I have a 2015. I put a s475 over stock on it and loved the way the drivability felt over the stock deleted setup... Now I run the s475 over a 3794.... I love it more... because it drives very close to the other twin setup but the 3794 sounds great.. I haven't cranked up the power yet I am still on a stock transmission, but I did do the 10mm cp3 conversion.

·
it's just money.....lol
1,381 Posts
The 369sxe is a billet wheel charger.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yea I have a 2015. I put a s475 over stock on it and loved the way the drivability felt over the stock deleted setup... Now I run the s475 over a 3794.... I love it more... because it drives very close to the other twin setup but the 3794 sounds great.. I haven't cranked up the power yet I am still on a stock transmission, but I did do the 10mm cp3 conversion.
how much do you leave it set at with that set up? i was debating doing a 3794 but since the vein control isnt there yet was looking at twins. curious how the stock trans is doing. And last question haha, who tuned it and im assuming stock tcm tuning since i havent seen anything for the 15 lmls yet?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Kory at ppei just released tcm tuning for the a50 on the 2015s. They won't work on the 2015.5 and up though

·
Registered
457 Posts
Turbo choice is chosen strictly by your expectations of the truck and what you do with it. I like my single because I was able to keep the bottom end alive and make decent power. For those wondering why, a single has torque pushed towards the later end of the powerband causing less strain on the engine. Twins have low end torque and torque is what kills bottom ends. I tow with a single, and the hills here in PA are big and i still find no issues. Use the gear selector, drop and gear and you'll never worry about EGTs. I personally feel like there is more pros to running a fixed vane charger than any vgt turbo on the LML. For an 11 second pass you need good tuning, bigger injectors, built trans, cp3 conversion (10mm or powerflo750), lift pump, high flow y bridge, and all the supporting mods that follows those parts. Its not cheap, but definitely achievable!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kory at ppei just released tcm tuning for the a50 on the 2015s. They won't work on the 2015.5 and up though
I know. 15.5 here with the 87

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
You guys with 15.5s that Kory doesn't have tcm tuning yet for needs to look into Ben at btdieselworks line pressure controller. If you want the 2nd gear lock up then tow/haul does that, so would a lockup controller.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Did you do the 475/stock beforehand? I'm debating on if it's worth the money to change out my kit so I can do the 3794/s480. I'm on the fence lol I don't think they 475/stock is doing it for me anymore

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
how much do you leave it set at with that set up? i was debating doing a 3794 but since the vein control isnt there yet was looking at twins. curious how the stock trans is doing. And last question haha, who tuned it and im assuming stock tcm tuning since i havent seen anything for the 15 lmls yet?
I spoke to Kory last week and I guess either efi dropped some new tables to work with or he mastered it

·
Registered
66 Posts
I spoke to Kory last week and I guess either efi dropped some new tables to work with or he mastered it
Interesting. Going to have to look into this.

·
Registered
491 Posts

Hey sorry haven't been on the past few days... I run the 4th tune which is a street setting tune I had made for a stock trans truck.. I generally don't beat on my truck but I do get on it occasionally, thing is I use it for snow plowing in the winter for my customers so I cant take the downtime. Kory tuned the truck, it drives great, the 3794 runs well even with not all the vane tables in the tunes because its very close to the stocker in regards to that... Anything bigger I heard becomes an issue on the LML's...

I am probably pulling the trigger this week on the Transmission tuning that recently became available. Should hold the power a little safer.. Maybe be able to even turn up the power a bit.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Did you do the 475/stock beforehand? I'm debating on if it's worth the money to change out my kit so I can do the 3794/s480. I'm on the fence lol I don't think they 475/stock is doing it for me anymore

yes I ran the 475 over stock for about a month and then someone asked me if I would be willing to sell my stock turbo for a decent price and I made a deal with him. I wouldn't of did it this way because then I had to buy a new hot pipe and cold pipe and what not, ended up costing a decent amount more in the long run then just doing it right off the bat. I never pushed my s475 over stock to full potential so I really cant tell u how much of a difference there is between the 2 setups. I just know it feels very similar to the stocker, but sounds a lot better, it does feel like it kicks on a bit harder as well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I dont know if i want to start with s475/stock and go to s475/3794 in the future or start with the 3794 and upgrade to twins later. Is there going to be an increase in power if your still feeding a s475 just with a bigger charger. If it already lights fast how much gain did you get from going to 3794 underneath. How does the 3794 as a single compare to stock and how does it compare to the 4094va.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts