Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
'16 LML stock. BW turnover ball/BW Companion hitches
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've relied on this forum for solid advice for a while but am just now posting.

Anyway, I currently have a 'stock 16 LML with 47k on it. I love the truck, and it does everything I need it to which is mainly pulling my 5th wheel and dump trailer. With used truck prices how they are, I am in a position to trade my LML for a '22 and I would get what I paid for the truck 4 years ago when it was a year old.

With that being said, I'm curious to know how people are liking the 2021s and 2022s. My plan was to keep this truck 10 + years until this potential deal fell into my lap.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 10 speed makes this truck sooo much better always in the right gear! Shifts are so smooth you don’t even notice them. Bottom line always go for the new truck with warranty and remember the high price we are getting right now will go away!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I’d think long and hard about it. In fact I would buy the new truck and drive it for a while before I got rid of the lml. I had a 15 lml with 30k miles and loved it, I just wanted the new body style. Sold it to buy a 21 Denali and hated nearly everything about it. I sold it with 2500 miles on it and now I have no truck. I’ve been trying to buy my lml back with no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
I’d think long and hard about it. In fact I would buy the new truck and drive it for a while before I got rid of the lml. I had a 15 lml with 30k miles and loved it, I just wanted the new body style. Sold it to buy a 21 Denali and hated nearly everything about it. I sold it with 2500 miles on it and now I have no truck. I’ve been trying to buy my lml back with no luck.

What’s it you hated about ‘21?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I did the very thing you are thinking about for the very same reason. My LBZ sold for more than I bought it used roughly 6 years ago.

I really enjoy my 21. The power is nice but what I really like is how planted the truck feels when it has 10k bumper pull behind it. Going from a LT cloth spec LBZ to a 21 high country has been great for month long camping trips. The level of comfort is incredible.

·
Registered
878 Posts
What’s it you hated about ‘21?

The ride first and foremost. I threw a lot of money in it and the ride was actually much better when I got rid of it. I hated the 11mpg I got out of it on a trip we took (empty btw). I didn’t like the interior (which is normal for GM but a very expensive truck to have almost the same interior as my 15). I didn’t like the thump the engine made and I didn’t like the sporadic slam into a lower gear when coming to a stop sign. Was so bad at times I thought I was rear ended. At that’s not a knock on a 10 speed. I’ve got a 10 speed in another truck and really like it. And lastly the radio would freeze up at times. I couldn’t change stations, volume, turn it off or anything. The next day it would usually be ok. While I really miss looking at my truck, I wouldn’t buy another unless it was a smoking deal, And I’d give 60k for my old lml in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You might get a lot for your old truck but the prices of a new one have gone way up also. I was looking for a 2021 Denali and a lot of dealers were asking $109,000.
That is insane for a truck, I don't care if it is even a Denali. Sounds like a lot of price gouging going on. Sad thing is there are some people who are willing to pay for it. Many using new trucks like this as a business tax write off. I will happily keep driving my LMM. Dean

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I was poking around on Ford.com last night and spec'd out a F350 LImited at $96,620. I was bummed that you can't get a gas engine Limited so no bueno.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello,

Anyway, I currently have a 'stock 16 LML with 47k on it. I love the truck, and it does everything I need it to which is mainly pulling my 5th wheel and dump trailer. With used truck prices how they are, I am in a position to trade my LML for a '22 and I would get what I paid for the truck 4 years ago when it was a year old.

With that being said, I'm curious to know how people are liking the 2021s and 2022s. My plan was to keep this truck 10 + years until this potential deal fell into my lap.

Thanks
I would keep lml if I were you.

·
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,157 Posts
In situations like this, the devil you know is far better than the devil you don't. @blythkd1 can relate to this better than most of us.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
In situations like this, the devil you know is far better than the devil you don't. @blythkd1 can relate to this better than most of us.
Yeah I only "liked" this comment once because I couldn't like it 10X.

I've kinda left this thread alone because my LML to L5P trade up experience was far less than optimum. But my experience may not have been representative. A month after I got my '18 I would have really liked to have my '12 back. It was a really good truck. I'd had repairs but not out of line for 333k miles. I spent more on my '18 in 6k miles, and it only had a third as many miles on it.

I really liked the '18 overall, just had trouble under the hood. I'm pretty sure it was all caused by a faulty fuel filter. So, to the OP, if you end up getting an L5P, I highly recommend adding fuel filtration.

·
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,157 Posts
And I had an amazing experience going from my LMM to my L5P. It was a risk, I knew that, but it was one I was willing to take to get more creature comforts and a significant motor improvement. LML to L5P isn't as big of an improvement in the technology of the motor, so it would have been a little more difficult to justify, in my opinion.

·
Registered
321 Posts
"In situations like this, the devil you know is far better than the devil you don't"

That is well put and will use that line in the future. Yes everything i have been seeing is you could trade in your 18(ish) for what you paid in most instances with 50k miles to boot, BUT it will cost you 20% more for the new ride...IF you can find it. So that said, are you really ahead? To each their own... usually it comes down to preference. If you want that new body style you'll pay for it. I think the newer ones are super sharp...but i could never own one for those prices. Just my 2c!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello,

Thanks
Having worked on all of them
I’d much rather have an LML adjusted to my liking. The emissions systems are only getting worse

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own one and so do 5 of my friends who must of them it was a upgrade from older model! Better cooling! Better fuel mileage by a lot! Better towing with 10 speed! Better ride ! Need I go on?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
FWIW, seems to me like more guys have complained about L5P fuel mileage, but that's pretty much been a staple of the emissions era engines in general. Gone are the days of 20mpg trucks but that's part of the price you pay for 445HP. There are numerous threads with guys raving about their fuel mileage just to find out they're only looking at the DIC, which is notoriously inaccurate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts