·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so why would my egts run up to as high as 2600 deg. i know thats not healthy

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
no i would not even leave my foot on the pedal long enough to see 2000 wow wow wow ur melting stuff

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only did it once i dont even run hot cause of that

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its never did it untill yesterday it did it once and i put it on no power haha
what can you do to lower your egts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
u mean u dont run hot tunes?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
what do u have and have done

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got the tuner and pipe week before last, i updated my mini max the other day and ran hott and thats what it done so i went to no power tune just dpf delete

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im thinkin mabe the pyro we put in messed up or something cause theres no way it should have read that hot and still run fine...its post turbo too

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
where di u mount it ? the gauge ? and u can lower egts by
downpipe
intake
intercooler
meth/water injection but im not a fan

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
i'm shocked if you actually it 2600 and didn't have any problems....

I knew that H&S's chit ran hot, but damn it boy

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
:l

i'm shocked if you actually it 2600 and didn't have any problems....

I knew that H&S's chit ran hot, but damn it boy

X2

yea buddy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it didnt do it when i firts put it on there, im using the pyro and gauge on the h&s but yea i let off and chilled out for a while right when it done it. i wasnt even on the gas like i just stomped on it and it did that so i let up immediately.something isnt right tho. its before the turbo not after. im calling h&s today

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
keep us posted on what they say, i'm curious.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
anything over 1500 is not good do some of the stuff i said to change it

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
wow wow wow. you see 1750?? that's insane. i heard the H&S on the new trucks ran hot, but if i knew it ran that hot it wouldn't touch my truck

EDIT: why would you tow heavy on a wild tune?? that's asking for all sorts of trouble- tranny, egt's, etc.

tow on stock or very close to it

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
at 14000 lbs ......yeah man lose that bs programmer

get a downpipe
or intercooler
or ppe manifolds and up pipes
or water/meth

·
Registered
214 Posts
I always run my truck this hard. I use wild because it's giving me the best fuel economy. I'll only keep it till 90,000 then trade it in on another. This is my second one this year. First one only lasted 5 months till it had too many miles. If I blow it up before that I'll coast it into a tree.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The new LML will run up to 1800 degrees if held WOT for extended periods on a Hot tune. If you are seeing over 2000, you have a pyrometer problem. Probably the PCH board that the pyro hooks in to. Give our tech department a call to see if they can help you diagnose any issues. 888-628-1730

You guys that are scared of 1700 degrees, this is normal for these new trucks when tuned. We have hundreds of dyno runs on the LML, 6.7L Cummins, 6.7L Ford, and 6.4L Ford that we purposely hold them at over 1800 degrees to test the durability. NO failures at our facility to date.

Many have this misconception that anything over around 1300 degrees is doing damage, not true. A stock truck will run these temperatures under the right conditions. With more power comes more heat, fact. EGT readings are a great reference point to start diagnosis for problems, or to see the range your motor is running in. Personally I believe that too much focus is aimed at EGT readings. There are a number of equally important factors that come into play, and a simple EGT reading alone tells next to nothing when other parameters of the engine operation are unknown. Just a little food for thought!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts