Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 LMM Crew cab 4x4. Going to level it, and put a 18" wheel under it with a +18mm offset.

Question is:

I wanted to go to a 285/65/18 but my tire guys suggests I stay with a 285/60 to keep the overall height about the same as stock.

THoguts? I'm still leaning to the larger tire - any issues I am missing? Major Rub? Etc..

Thanks!

·
Registered
521 Posts
At stock height with some trimming you can fit the 285/65/18 but it's gonna be real tight. But if you level the front then you can fit them very very easy...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I should have mentioned I am going to level it at the same time.. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just put on Fuel Octane 18"x9" wheels +20mm offset with BFG KO2 285/65/18 in Dec. from stock and would never go back. Leveled the truck and fills out the wheel well perfect for me. I have 1/8" clearance from the plastic liner at full crank.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just put on Fuel Octane 18"x9" wheels +20mm offset with BFG KO2 285/65/18 in Dec. from stock and would never go back. Leveled the truck and fills out the wheel well perfect for me. I have 1/8" clearance from the plastic liner at full crank.
PICS PLEASE!!!! :)

Do they stay INside the wheel wells too?

I'd love to see pics, I was looking at those wheels too!

·
Registered
29 Posts
They stay inside the wheel wells and stick out only bit over stock (like 1/2") with the change from stock. Truck came with 17" wheel with the +28 offset 265/70/17 all season tires. I leveled the truck via the stock keys on the t-bars. Moved it up approx. 1 1/2", ride and angles are still good. It took me a long time to pull the trigger with so many wheel and tire combos. I will snap a couple pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet - thanks!! I'd love to see a pic from the side too looking down the truck so I can get a better idea. THanks again for help!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Bump for pics!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help from everyone, I am VERY happy with the look! :)

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
looking good man

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay,
So its been a few weeks and here are a few things I notice. First off - with the Redylift keys, (almost maxed out) the tires do rub at almost full lock...

My alignment is within specs but the caster is at the very edge of the tolerance. They told me that to get the caster where it needs to be the tires rubbed way too much.

I am wondering who else runs these size tires and what feedback you have. I also notice about 48-53 MPH I have a 'shake' or bounce that is felt through the truck. (Doesn't feel like tire balance issue) Generally happens on smooth roads..

I am wondering if this is because of the caster adjustment, cranked keys, tires ??

Any suggestions?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.