Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to clear 285/75/R16 on the stock rim just by cranking tbars withought trimming anything?
any help please. i tried searching but everyone does a fender mod :cool:

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
is it possible to clear 285/75/R16 on the stock rim just by cranking tbars withought trimming anything?
any help please. i tried searching but everyone does a fender mod :cool:
Don't do it... There is another thread open right now about it.

1. It's too wide for the rims, look at the thread about those failures.
2. Cranking T Bars isn't good for front end.
3. Mine rubbed when I had them and it seemed a fender mod was the solution to fix it. The fender mod is a good idea if you want bigger tires, just don't do it on stock rims.

·
Registered
457 Posts
No .... They will rub in the back of the fender. Fender mod will fix that issue though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm looking a similar setup, thinking about some 295/70/17 toyo mt's. Looking at going the cognito setup though, if I could do it without then I would love it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its my dads truck and he will NOT do the fender mod, so i guess his only other option will be to get smaller tires? he's pissed because the chevy dealer told him they will fit

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
its my dads truck and he will NOT do the fender mod, so i guess his only other option will be to get smaller tires? he's pissed because the chevy dealer told him they will fit
I was in the same boat, where'd he buy his tires? Discount Tires let me return my tires and buy new tires.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he got the tires from the chevy dealer after they told him they would fit:cookoo[1]:
what sucks is that before these tires he went to costco and they gave him a bad set of michellens so after a long fight for a full refound for the tires and 2 allignments he went to the dealer and now they screwed him over.
lol its been a rediculous battle for a set of rubber

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
he got the tires from the chevy dealer after they told him they would fit:cookoo[1]:
what sucks is that before these tires he went to costco and they gave him a bad set of michellens so after a long fight for a full refound for the tires and 2 allignments he went to the dealer and now they screwed him over.
lol its been a rediculous battle for a set of rubber
Dealer should let him return since they put them on the truck and they are the wrong size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts