Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007.5 with an LMM engine. My check engine light came on (out of the blue) and when I try to remote start, it starts and shuts off right away. It seems to run okay except it's a bit quiet and I can't really tell if I have any power loss. Other than a lift and 35's, the truck is totally stock (no programmer, airbox mods, etc).

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to take it somewhere to get the error code. It's my first diesel and I posted a general question b/c I thought this may be a common issue with that truck. I will get the code and reply soon. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Mine did that when I first got my exhaust. It just miraciously stopped after doing it a few times.

·
Registered
868 Posts
your remote start shuts off because of the code once the dtc is fixed and cleared your remote start will work again

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to Auto Zone and the code was P0671 which stated glow plug heater failure cylinder 1. The guy cleared the code and it seems fine now. He said it if came back, I would need to replace that glow plug.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Out of curiosity... is this a stock remote start? Aftermarket installation?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine recently did the same thing. I tried to start up my truck the other day and the fuel must have gelled. The truck ran for 30 seconds or so and would not start until the day warmed up. After warming the truck up later in the afternoon I had my check engine light on and the auto start would not work. After the code cleared itself after starting / stoping a few times, the auto start functions like normal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The remote start is factory.
Autozone cleared the code/light and it came back on today. I'm not sure if the code is the same but I would guess it is. How hard is it to change a glow plug heater on Cylinder #1?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 Duramax with factory remote start. When I start with remote, nothing come on inside truck, heat, dash lights? Also, it does not have auto heat. Is this normal? Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts