Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i must suck at google searching because i am trying to find a detailed stack install for an LMM. I have a 5" bed kit with 6" tips and i am looking for some pics of the hook up under the bed.

Where i want to drill the hole in the bed there happens to be a large black bracket in my way and the drive shaft looks like it may be rather close to where the pipe will go.

Can someone that has done this on an LMM point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

ps right now i have the heat shield removed and the tail pipe off

·
Registered
235 Posts
They are pretty universal on how they mount, im pretty sure how they mount on the obs trucks should be the same on your lmm. Om my truck i notched the crossmember on the front of the bed around the stack, i boxed it in with sheet metal though so its still pretty strong. You mount your T pipe offset in the bed so it will clear your driveline, i went basically straight up from where the original exhaust was and cut my hole. There are some pretty good pics on here, if need be i can take some of mine tomorrow and send them to you

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mock up all of your piping that goes in the bed(i.e. t-pipe, 90° pipes and tips) get it all centered in the how you like it and drill a small guide hole in the bed from the top. Go underneath your bed and find the hole from below. Measure a 5" diameter circle around it and see if everything clears. If it does cut the big hole, if it doesn't restart the process and make the corrections. Just make sure you remember which hole is the good one. I know this isn't what you asked for but it the only help I could offer.

Tyler

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok well i got the stacks installed my prob was i measured wrong....all is good and thankfully i measured again and figured it out.

It sounds awesome i was out yesterday and you wouldn't believe how many thumbs up i got and ppl staring, its loud as hell!!!!:rockin

Anybody know who sells stack covers to keep the rain out? I have seen some ppl make their own and i do not want clanking rain caps. my truck only sits outside when its being used otherwise its garaged.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Not enough water will get in them to make rain caps worth it. But if you are really worried you could just put coffee cans over them...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Do you have pics?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.