Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m new to the duramax scene I recently picked up a 2007.5 Sierra 2500hd 6.6 when I first got the truck it had a clogged dpf and overboost codes so I had my friend who’s a diesel tech start working here’s a list of what’s been done

-rebuilt turbo (the vien plate had a hairline crack in it ) and all gaskets and

- I got a remanufactured DPF

put It all together truck seemed to be running good I drove it for about 20-30 miles parked it next day turned it on and with in 5 miles check engine light came on for too much soot Accumulation the codes were p2463 & p244b

I took it back to the exhaust shop and they looked and said the dpf was extremely hot we took the dpf off to find out it was completely clogged less than 30 miles on this remanufactured one!

so I put my original dpf back on that I cutted completely out to be able to drive the truck around. To get fixed when they took off the dpf they also noticed someone before me cutted the cat :(

my problem is after the truck gets warmed up it’s starts dumping out a grayish whiteish smoke at idle I started leaning to the injectors being bad I had the balance rates read and #7 was out of balance and my cp3 pump was having missed signals so I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought 8 remanufactured Bosch OEM spec injectors and a Bosch remanufactured CP 3 pump

got my old injectors rested and the return on almost all of them wasn’t in spec specially number 7

after we installed the injectors and pump still smoking at idle!! I found out we had to program the injectors I did that still smoking at idle!!! I had a code for the turbo Vane sensor relearn tried to relearn it code pops back up ended up replacing the sensor no code so far

my problem is this excessive smoke at idle right now it’s basically cutted cat and dpf I have a cat and dpf ready to put on but don’t want to risk the truck clogging it again it’s smells exactly like burnt fuel I’m at a dead end I’m kinda of wanting to give up on the truck lol anyone out there have a idea of what could be causing my issues? Sorry for the long post

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
So you gutted the dpf and expect it to still run normal on factory ecm tuning? That's not gonna happen.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I completely understand I just want to know if having a cutted cat and dpf is making it dump too much fuel and making it smoke like I said I put a reman dpf and it clogged it right away I don’t want to keep going through dpfs 😂

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
You need to get emissions delete tuning if you plan on gutting the DPF, stock tuning won’t take care of issues.
The stock cat burns off crap to make it easier for the DPF to function like it’s suppose to.
The stock tuning isn’t affected having a gutted cat, to be honest the cat doesn’t cause much if any exhaust back pressure, the DPF and stock muffler does.

I ended up putting my stock cat back on having open exhaust, less diesel exhaust stink and no noticeable EGT or power changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts