Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a turbo back EGR delete exhaust on my 07 LMM and now it put it into limp mode(power reduced) because the EGR sensor isnt pluged in so it can re-Gen. So Im havin a buddy put EFI Live in for me so I can get it out of limp mode and drive it again. He has only installed it on LB7 before, so what do we have to do to make it work? Thanks

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Plug your egr back in. It has nothing to do with the Regen. The sensors that came off the DPF are what control it. You have to go into the diagnostics to shut the regen off. I cannot remember the exact tables at this moment.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Here is a comparison of what was changed in my program to delete the DPF. The "CAL" is stock and the "ALT" is what it needs to be changed too.

B2501 "Exhaust After Treatment" N/A "CAL: Yes <-> ALT: No"
B2502 "Regeneration Success" -0.392157 "CAL: 1 <-> ALT: 0"
C6001 "DTC Enables" N/A "Different from row 12 to row 395 inclusive."
C0803 "P0108 Maximum Sensor Voltage" 6.516787 "CAL: 4.751 <-> ALT: 5.083"
C0804 "P0108 Error Time" 98.931298 "CAL: 2.00 <-> ALT: 650.00"
C0805 "P0234 Overboost Error Time" 97.709924 "CAL: 10.00 <-> ALT: 650.00"
C0806 "P0299 Underboost Error Time" 99.083969 "CAL: 1.00 <-> ALT: 650.00"
C0808 "P0106 MAP / Baro Mismatch Limit" 75.000000 "CAL: 15 <-> ALT: 90"
C0809 "P0106 MAP / Baro Mismatch Time" 97.709924 "CAL: 10.00 <-> ALT: 650.00"
C0903 "P0101 Upper Limit Threshold" 99.221944 "CAL: 0.00 <-> ALT: 793.78"
C0904 "P0101 Upper Error Time" 96.946565 "CAL: 15.00 <-> ALT: 650.00"
C2001 "Diff Pressure Sensor High Error Time" 98.725872 "CAL: 3.00 <-> ALT: 650.00"
C2002 "Diff Pressure Sensor High Pass Time" -0.457771 "CAL: 3.00 <-> ALT: 0.00"
C2003 "Diff Pressure Sensor Low Error Time" 98.725872 "CAL: 3.00 <-> ALT: 650.00"
C2004 "Diff Pressure Sensor Low Pass Time" -0.457771 "CAL: 3.00 <-> ALT: 0.00"

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks alot. But if I plug back in EGR sensor and just leave it hanging there out in the open u still think it will run fine!

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Are you talking about the sensor under the hood or the sensors under the truck?
If it is the EGR under the hood I would plug it back in. Then you can turn it off using EFI. The ones under the truck I would just seal off with some tape and strap to the frame

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Those are egt sensors from the dpf, put a plastic bag over them and ziptie them to the harness on top of the frame. Also, kink the soft lines you pulled the hard lines off of and put a bag over them too to keep the pressure sensor clean and clear of crapp.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are egt sensors from the dpf, put a plastic bag over them and ziptie them to the harness on top of the frame. Also, kink the soft lines you pulled the hard lines off of and put a bag over them too to keep the pressure sensor clean and clear of crapp.
Ok so if I do had it should come out of limp mode?

·
Street Sleeper
614 Posts
Did you install an EGR delete pipe under the hood as well or just the turbo back exhaust? Once you set the Tune turning off the DPF sensors and Clear the existing codes you should be out of Limp Mode.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you install an EGR delete pipe under the hood as well or just the turbo back exhaust? Once you set the Tune turning off the DPF sensors and Clear the existing codes you should be out of Limp Mode.
No EGR Delete just straight Turbo back. Should I do EGR delete? I guess wat are the pros and cons of it? Also how come every one u ask has a different answer? I don't know very much about the LMMs, I was a LBZ boy for 4 yrs.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
You do not have to do a Full EGR delete. You can buy the 12 dollar plate that slides in it and blockes it off. The LBZ is not much different. Just a couple more emmisions things for the LMM. Mainly the DPF and then tuning.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
No EGR Delete just straight Turbo back. Should I do EGR delete? Also how come every one u ask has a different answer?
Because you said EGR delete in your first couple of posts some of us just figured out that you were talkin about the DPF.
No, just puting the sensors back on will not keep it out of limp. You will need a tune that has the dpf removed, when you are building your tune with EFI it will ask if the dpf is still present, just click no.

·
Street Sleeper
614 Posts
You do not have to do a Full EGR delete. You can buy the 12 dollar plate that slides in it and blockes it off. The LBZ is not much different. Just a couple more emmisions things for the LMM. Mainly the DPF and then tuning.
Couldnt have said it better, tuning, and DPF otherwise it is a LBZ. No need for the EGR, like Smokin said I and others were trying to get an understanding on what you installed. EGR and DPF are different areas and parts completely so thats why the confusion.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sry about that. Yeah Ok my bad. Im going to install a EGR blocker plate and PCV rerouteing kit this weekend to, but yeah still have the DPF. Should I do the DPF delete?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
How do you have a 5" turbo back exhaust and still have a DPF??

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do you have a 5" turbo back exhaust and still have a DPF??[/QUOTE

Ok as u can see Im not real sure about the LMM wat is was. I bought a strait Turbo back 5" MBRP.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
How do you have a 5" turbo back exhaust and still have a DPF??[/QUOTE

Ok as u can see Im not real sure about the LMM wat is was. I bought a strait Turbo back 5" MBRP.
Did you remove three large muffler like casings from your exhaust system? The one closest to the talpipe is a muffler, the next one is the diesel particulate filter (dpf) and the one after that is the diesel oxidation calayst or (cat). Unless you removed all of these you just did a dpf back exhaust and unplugging the sensors can cause damage to your engine and dpf.

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Lol, I'm confused? 5 inch turbo back with a DPF???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Confusion.. when you refer to DPF are you refering to the EGR? Turbo back exhaust generally already takes care of the DPF..

Mike

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Where did you mount up the exhaust, if it is off the downpipe and all stock exhaust from there back was removed and replaced with mbrp, then yes the dpf is gone.

If you pulled crap off top of your engine, then you did an egr delete.

Id say start your post all over so we can get it all clear and no more confusion

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where did you mount up the exhaust, if it is off the downpipe and all stock exhaust from there back was removed and replaced with mbrp, then yes the dpf is gone.

If you pulled crap off top of your engine, then you did an egr delete.

Id say start your post all over so we can get it all clear and no more confusion
Ok thanks for clearing it up for me. I did a DPF delete MBRP 5" EGR Back then. And the stock EGR is still there. Guy I'm really not as dumb as I'm making myself sound trust me. I'm doing a EGR blocker plate and a PCV rerouteing kit both from Alligator Performance this weekend when I tune it. Sry for acting like a tard and confussing everyone trying to help me. Just am new to the LMM's

1 - 20 of 28 Posts