Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any pics of there egr blocker plate installed they could post? Been workin on mine for bout 9 hours now and still not satisfied.. got it all together once and put load on the engine and it leaks. tore back apart now ... all help appreciated

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't have any pics but I had the same issue. You did use the stock metal gasket right? I put some perma seal on the plate let it get tacky put the gasket on the plate and put some more on the back side of the gasket that will be contacting the up pipe. Then reinstalled, let sit for a few minutes maybe 10 and was good to go. Hope this helps. I know how you are feeling right now it sucks

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
make sure its all the way in there( the bottom of the plate hangs up), shouldnt be anything hanging out but the tab and tighten the crap out of it

its common for the egr to leak on your first go at it, LMM's are a bitch

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finally got it ... yeah lmm's are a pain in the ass to work on ... and like u said i had alot of problem with the bottom of the plate hanging up .... thanks guys

·
Registered
159 Posts
Now do youuuuuuu have any pictures??? :poke[1]:

Also...I hear it helps to trim the ends off the outer tabs as there only to locate it. True or false?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
damn glad i have a lly :) mine literally took 2 minutes and didnt leak one bit

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
Now do youuuuuuu have any pictures??? :poke[1]:

Also...I hear it helps to trim the ends off the outer tabs as there only to locate it. True or false?
yes opening up the slots helps because it doesnt just slide into place, there is a rounded edge in the way so you have to open it up about an inch to weasel the plate in there

not going to be easy getting pics on an LMM

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was so irritated by the time i got done i didnt even think about taking a pic ... i did trim the very outside of the ears that slide around the bolt off so that i could keep my screw drivers in there prying while i weaseled it in

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
i was so irritated by the time i got done i didnt even think about taking a pic ... i did trim the very outside of the ears that slide around the bolt off so that i could keep my screw drivers in there prying while i weaseled it in
Lmm = the most irritating engine ever made.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Lmm = the most irritating engine ever made.
If you believe this, you have never tried to change the spark plugs in a 3 Valve 5.4 Ford F-150.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Think that's bad try changing the rear plugs on a V10 F250 4x4.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Try changing the plugs in a Ford Econoline van with the 5.4 three valve.

Well lest just say Ford makes the most [email protected]#Ked up engines to work on.

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
Just go to the main forum page just above the newer trucks you will see "how to DIY and write ups" on the bottom of the first page you will find egr block on LMM.
I know there are pics of the PITA job but they are on another forum.

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you believe this, you have never tried to change the spark plugs in a 3 Valve 5.4 Ford F-150.
Gets even more irritating when the spark plug breaks off in the head. :mad:

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I have yet to do mine but now I dread it. Thanks guys. :rofl

Waiting till I have the Tuner in, then exhaust, EGR, PCV rerout, and Tuner all at the same time. :neener

·
Registered
144 Posts
Makes me not want to do mine. I tried lpoking for the egr one day to see where the plate went and no luck. Should be fun once I find the courage to tackle it

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
Makese me not want to do mine. I tried lpoking for the egr one day to see where the plate went and no luck. Should be fun once I find the courage to tackle it
The only way you could really see the top bolt you would just about have to remove the hood. If you have a skinny hand and crawl into the engine compartment you might be able to touch the top bolt.
Once I got a box end wrench on the top bolt but could not budge it.
The bottom bolt even feeling for it was a lost cause.
If you have large hands then your screwed.
If you end up going to a shop to have it done your looking at about $300+
Do what you want but I left mine functioning, I did the reroute 3 years ago 50k and ended up leaving the PITA egr alone everything is still good. See my sig.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts