Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.. If anyone is super bored and looking for something to do, I would greatly appreciate if you could post pics of modifications you may have made to your exhaust hangers with an aftermarket exhaust. I have heard that the front hanger doesnt work on LMM's, so if youre looking for something to do, please post some pics showing the hangers and how you modify/ or use them...

Again, just if youre bored lol... i dont want to be a bother

Thanks again!!! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
i just put on a dpf back exhaust and i didnt have to do anything special with the hangers the new exhaust just slip on and used the factory hangers
i did notice that there is a hanger farther up by the front of the dpf that isnt even used by the factory exhaust

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ground off the front hanger on the exhaust and moved it forward to line up with the tranny mount hanger and tacked it in place. I recommend putting a 1 or 1.5 block in btween exhaust and cross member to help raise it up when tacking the front hanger back on. This way it wont sag down and rattle on cross member. The rest lined up fairly good. Ill see if I cant get pic tonight and post

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put a cat back on and didnt use the mount that was at front of the dpf but did use the mount that is further back that isnt used with the stock exhaust

·
Registered
281 Posts
The aftermarket exhaust systems are much lighter than the factory system with dpf and doc attached. That explains why the hanger at the trans cross member isn't needed anymore.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
My silverline exhuast came with a clamp on hanger for the trans hanger so you just put it were it needed to be but I can't take pics because something was rattling the other day and I found that band clamp was broke so I just pulled it out and don't intend on putting another one back on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!! Sounds good... I appreciate the help!! Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And also, if anybody has some free time, any pictures you may have would be greatly appreciated...thanks again!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts