Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody aware of any new gauge setups coming for the LMM? I'm in the market to tune and get a gauge setup. I hear folks like the Edge CTS for the gauges, and lots have the A pillar setup, but frankly I don't want the lights in my face (though their easily switched off if wired properly).

Thanks for any thoughts?

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
I suggest the Edge CTS Insight for gauges. It is the best overall bang for the buck. It can monitor anything you want as well as read and clear codes.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
X2^^ I have used the Insight CTS and it is a great unit!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I had the edge evo race CTS before i went to efi live and got a pillar. I feel like the pillar is a bit more accurate, but i do miss the ease and look of the CTS. It gives you a lot more options than the pillars and the ability to change the guage on the fly if you want to watch something else (i.e. injector balance rates, %throtle, MAF intake, ...etc.). Also the additional features of the CTS are kinda cool, like the 0-60 test, and the "fuel mileage coach feature." The CTS is a somewhat bright at night, but its easy to get used to. Either way, your going to have to get the EGT probe and tap it in.

·
Diesel Junky
1,109 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
My gauges are wired to the factory dimmer switch..
I had the old edge insight on my last truck and even that was a decent gauge setup.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like a mixed bag but the CTS is well liked. Does the CTS plug into the OBD II connector, and if so, doesn't it get in the way when getting in/out all of the time, or do folks relocate the OBD connector (or do I have it completely wrong!).

I plan on getting an EFI V2 setup for sure, so even so, folks would recommend the CTS?

As for the A pillar setups, from what I've seen, you can't get one that matches the fabric-type texture--have I missed one that will match the passenger side?

thanks, what a great forum and way to learn!

·
Diesel Junky
1,109 Posts
yes ob2 and not doesnt get in the way small and out the way. i got the pod for the cts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seems like a good package for sure, particularly after you add up the EFI, some tunes, the switch, and an A pillar w/gauges. I wonder where the best place to mount the CTS would be--it looks like its the same size as a GPS unit....out of the way (ie. less conspicuous) would be preferable for me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the pillar setup with gauges from PPE (Boost, EGT & Fuel Rail Pressure). No problems and very easy to view. They are hooked to my dimmer switch. The folks at PPE painted the pillar for me and I did the rest.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does anybody have a pic of the cording and how it sticks out of the obd connector--it seems to me that it would be intrusive, but apparently I'm making a bigger deal of it than it is--as they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words!

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Subscribed.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Also, if anyone one has a pic of the CTS mounted with the Edge pod. thanks

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
i would go witht the cts i love mine, no the plug is a narrow plug and the wire goes off to the side so it doesnt get in the way. and its easier to run the cts wires even with egt than mechanical gauges. oh and you can also turn the brightness down! mine was way to bright now i have it set where it doesnt throw much light outwards but still easy to read and i have it set up with bright colors on my main three

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure would luv to see some pics of the CTS!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey bartman. You got the ebony light titanium interior? That looks real nice.

Anyone have a A pillar pod that you could fit a CTS under? That way you could get the best of both worlds?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Diesel Junky
1,109 Posts
look at my post on the first page it's a video of my cts in a pod! i'll try to get a pic of the port tommorrow

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found the video--looks pretty good to me.........if I'm a good boy, maybe Santa will be good to me!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts