Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I started my truck it was around 0 degrees out it started and immediately started to chug and blow smoke (my first thought was injectors)so I checked the balance rate and number 3 and 7 where out of spec so shut the truck off let it set and when back a few hours later and started it again ran like a top checked balance rates they where fine side not I did have a code pop up witch was fuel rail pressure side a and injector 3 leaking since clearing them they haven't come back not sure what's going on thanks in advanced for any input

· Registered
1,255 Posts
What year truck? its posted in LML section but title says LMM.

That cold i go right to its gelling up if it magically cleared itself up. You run additive for winter? Also how long ago did you fuel up? Around here in upstate they just changed over to winter fuel.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year truck? its posted in LML section but title says LMM.

That cold i go right to its gelling up if it magically cleared itself up. You run additive for winter? Also how long ago did you fuel up? Around here in upstate they just changed over to winter fuel.
Oops wrong spot its a 2008 and I fueled up about 2 days ago with a half tank of number one I think to be safe I'm going to change fuel filters and put some additives in.i honestly didn't think it was cold enough to gel up but you never know I guess..they ha e switched around here (minnesota) in early October to winter beld atleast the station I fuel up at did

· Premium Member
12,085 Posts
Balance rates should be checked with truck idling in park at operating temp and on stock tune as per GM.

· Former GM Tech and parts
4,251 Posts
If it was right after you started the truck like your first post implies, it wasn’t at operating temperature. How far out of spec are we talking? Was it still chugging and blowing smoke when you check the rates?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts