Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else ran into a problem with theyre factory injectors failing in any way and GM not offering any help to fix the problem or simply repling with a letter say sorry about your luck?

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
How did they fail? What are the failure symptoms that your truck is showing? Need more info!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i took of from a stop light and when i reached between 100- 120 i noticed it went from heavy black smoke which was normal to whitesmoke i limped it home and it was missing on one cylinder, my edge insight said that i had low fuel rail presure and was missing on #2 cylinder.
the tip of the injector on that cylinder blew off and had cracked the piston strait across the middle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and this happened probably 4 months back im about to get the truck back now

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Wow that sucks:eek:

You really did not to expect Gm would not pay for it with the mods done to the truck, that you have posted in your sig did you:confused:

·
Registered
915 Posts
Man that sucks! you must have been really giving her hell to blow the tip off the injector :eek: Good luck with getting your truck fixed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i figured theyd tell me tuff luck but yeah, when i took it in i had everything stock including the lift. but im getting it back hopefully by the end of next week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was wondering if anyone else has had problems with lmm injectors and gm not wanting to help, if you know of anyone that has tell them to pm me if you dont mind

·
Registered
101 Posts
i was wondering if anyone else has had problems with lmm injectors and gm not wanting to help, if you know of anyone that has tell them to pm me if you dont mind
I'm guessing your performance programming changes voided GM warranty - it records all in the computer even if change back to stock before going to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
So tell me again why this is GM's fault, and why they should pay for it? You put a programmer on your truck and were going well above what the truck is governed at, so how is it GM's fault?

I can't understand why you'd even try to have GM fix it under warranty.

You're probably lucky that it wasn't a tire that blew. 37's and 120mph don't mix. I'd bet those tires aren't even rated for 90mph. That injector might have saved your life!

Bottom line, you and everyone else knows that any programmer will void your warranty. You put one on, and broke your truck, so you have to fix it. Pretty simple. Whining that GM didn't pay for it for you will fall on deaf ears.

Ask anyone who has ever broken anything and they'll tell you. You have to pay to play. :read

And as to your question, I've never heard of any troubles with LMM injectors, your case sounds like a freak incidence. although the mp8 is a pressure box which doesn't help things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So tell me again why this is GM's fault, and why they should pay for it? You put a programmer on your truck and were going well above what the truck is governed at, so how is it GM's fault?

I can't understand why you'd even try to have GM fix it under warranty.

You're probably lucky that it wasn't a tire that blew. 37's and 120mph don't mix. I'd bet those tires aren't even rated for 90mph. That injector might have saved your life!

Bottom line, you and everyone else knows that any programmer will void your warranty. You put one on, and broke your truck, so you have to fix it. Pretty simple. Whining that GM didn't pay for it for you will fall on deaf ears.

Ask anyone who has ever broken anything and they'll tell you. You have to pay to play. :read

And as to your question, I've never heard of any troubles with LMM injectors, your case sounds like a freak incidence. although the mp8 is a pressure box which doesn't help things.

what i was askin is "has anyone else had a problem with they're injectors on an lmm" the problem i have with gm is that when my tc was burning up and i asked them to help prior to the performance mods they replied with tuff luck and that is they're fault and as far as the motor and trans i fixed them both myself. and i've been 135 on 37 mudgrapplers.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
i bet the piston cracked before the injector had a problem.

i hope you didnt just put another stock piston in and bore it out...cause well frankly lmm pistons blow

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am more curious, how much was the bill? did they just put a new piston in or a short block or a drop in?
they pulled the piston and injector and replaced them, the cylinder walls were not harmed at all and the trans is getting some more upgrades. total bill motor 4k and trans is around 4500

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
they pulled the piston and injector and replaced them, the cylinder walls were not harmed at all and the trans is getting some more upgrades. total bill motor 4k and trans is around 4500
are they sure the walls were fine? ive heard from many builders and all of the have said that they have never seen an engine with a cracked piston have not have to be bored out...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah they checked it and said it was fine. my piston when it cracked looked like it had a fault line in it if that makes any sence

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
on the upsde to all of this it gave me time to get my trans done. i just need bigger injectors.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
are all you running is the 2 tuners stacked?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i had a bottle but that was a 1 time thing and it was probably a month or 2 prior to the injector blowing

1 - 20 of 26 Posts