Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I'm trying to see if anyone has put a light bar in the bumper of their lmm and if so what light size did you use?

looking to put it where the yellow arrow is
and sorry to who's pic i stole :eek:

·
Registered
968 Posts
My option is if you put a light in the lower part"in the bumper" it would restrict flow for the trans cooler. I have seen it done but.......

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump....

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump...,

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm also debated putting a bar in the same areas. My worry is a 10 inch bar in the bumper won't produce enough light to be worth while.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have one there, 20" bar fits perfect, anything else will be too big.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm also debated putting a bar in the same areas. My worry is a 10 inch bar in the bumper won't produce enough light to be worth while.

A cheap Ebay POS and you'd be wasting your money but a nice 10" from baja designs would be bright enough to be worth the effort.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have one there, 20" bar fits perfect, anything else will be too big.

ok awesome thanks!! you know if the chevy bumpers have the same size hole? lol

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Yea it's the same I'm pretty certain.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I put a rigid 10in in the yellow arrow spot and you can use 2 bolts that are already in the bumper to mount light

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
That looks cool TNASH481.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bump

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have done it and made a bracket for it out of angle iron. I put it on my GMC and it was very easy. Ill post pictures in a few minutes when I have a chance.

·
Registered
254 Posts
First I took off the grille to look for a way to mount the light bar and found 2 holes on either side of the opening.

I made some measurements and welded some scrap metal I had laying around to go across the two holes (I don't have a picture of the holes, this is the best I have). The metal goes across the holes and drops down so the light bar is centered in the factory bumper opening.

It took some trial and error and I eventually had the light bar centered in the opening so I took the bracket back off and painted it to blend it in.

Then I bolted the light bar to the bracket and bolted the bracket to the truck. I was pretty satisfied with the fitment.

I did this back in May and I really wish I had pictures of every step so i could make a write up. I hope this makes sense and can help someone out! :thumb

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
awesome job man!!!!!!
20inch bar i take it?

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Have the rigid 20" bar in my bumper really nice super bright but did restrict air to the tranny. And here in az summer time say temps above 200 degrees so put an aux cooler higher up in my grill now never see anything higher then 160. So just watch your temps

·
Registered
277 Posts
I put a 20" in the bumper and 2x4" behind the grill. Here it is with the "All-on" feature.

shmoky

1 - 20 of 25 Posts