Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to completing my PCV re-route. It took me a while to get the time to set down and work on it, but It's done and off my list now. Move on to the next item. :mad: :D

It turned out really nice. I'm happy with it. I want to say thanks to the SteveO (member name: Leros). I appreciate the help man.

Let me know what you think...

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
is that a flux capacitor???

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
holy crap your engine compartment is spotless! how in God's green earth is there no dirt under there? It looks like yours just rolled of the assembly line!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Over kill..??. You say that like its a bad thing??:D

Nice work Looks good:rockin

·
Registered
201 Posts
Jeremy that turned out great! I almost went with that mounting location because of the mounting holes there but I am going to add a dual alternator setup so I opted to mount mine up by the firewall out of the way. I like the "raw" aluminum look on your canister also, I ended up powdercoating mine black to match my Banks intercooler tube. Those damn braided lines aren't cheap to have made are they?

Thumbs up on the clean engine compartment, I keep mine the same way as well as my whole under carriage. I hate greasy, oil drippy crap. Plus keeping it clean helps you spot and locate any oil leaks!

If anyone else is interested in my step by step, here is my original thread: My PCV re-route project-preliminary pictures - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
is that a flux capacitor?
:rofl

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, my engine bay is very clean. It's a possibility that I have a small case of OCD. :eek: I don't use any special chemicals, I just clean it often. Uhuum. :D

You aren't kidding about those hoses SteveO.

·
Administrator
16,852 Posts
You clean it with simple green or what? I thought my engine compartment was a little dirty, now it looks like I've been driving it in a mine for 300k miles compared to your truck.

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Wow! That looks sharp! Any idea how much the reroute cost you to do?

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,450 Posts
Dude that's Gorgeous! Very Nice!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You clean it with simple green or what? I thought my engine compartment was a little dirty, now it looks like I've been driving it in a mine for 300k miles compared to your truck.
If there is some soot or oil, I will use simple green or something stronger. I have chemicals that you can't buy off the shelf as well. Honestly, its just keeping it clean all the time.

Wow! That looks sharp! Any idea how much the reroute cost you to do?
Thanks. PM sent.

Dude that's Gorgeous! Very Nice!
Thanks, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also did mine this weekend but I would be embarassed to post a photo now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
U guys can go buy the fittings and hose and make the lines ur self for slot less. I'm in the process of engineering mine gone do the same thing but enclose the filter and run lone back to intake so it's still pulling the pressure out.

·
Registered
872 Posts
what is the point of the pcv reroute?

·
Registered
108 Posts
So I'm just curious why you went with this setup? I mean from what I've heard most guys, including guys drivin 18 wheelers across country just route a hose straight down outta the engine bay below the frame? I've never heard of a substantal amount of fluid coming out? Not doubting your way or anything, I'm just curious what the deal is, seems like anyone ya talk to about this, has a completly different opinion..

·
Registered
67 Posts
He used a catch can because if it sits any where for aperiod of time there will be and oil drip from where it sitting and by the looks of the engine bay his shop or garage looks the same. Nice set up man.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also did mine this weekend but I would be embarassed to post a photo now.
Post it up. Did you make your own kit?

what is the point of the pcv reroute?
Quote from Tony Burkhard

"1. Keep your charge side of your turbo clean.
2. keep you intercooler and tubes clean, when intercooler is clean it more efficient.
3. No more oil leaking from your intercooler connections.
4. The chance if you were to crack a piston it wouldn't pump oil into your motor and have it run wild and until its totally junk.
5. Stop slugs of oil from being pumped into the motor witch maybe causing pistons to crack?
6. cause "

Basically man, if you do not want your Boost Tube, Lines and turbo coated in oil-gunk-nasty-shit, you SHOULD do this.

So I'm just curious why you went with this setup? I mean from what I've heard most guys, including guys drivin 18 wheelers across country just route a hose straight down outta the engine bay below the frame? I've never heard of a substantal amount of fluid coming out? Not doubting your way or anything, I'm just curious what the deal is, seems like anyone ya talk to about this, has a completly different opinion..
No offense taken man. I did it this way because I didn't want a line hanging down dripping a (most likely) minimal amount of oil. I don't understand how somebody can have a completely different opinion? Whats there opinion?

He used a catch can because if it sits any where for aperiod of time there will be and oil drip from where it sitting and by the looks of the engine bay his shop or garage looks the same. Nice set up man.
Exactly. My shop is kept clean just like my engine bay. I don't want oil spots.

I appreciate the comment..

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
Thats super clean dude...I just cut mine off about an inch up...FTW...did end up fixing it nice though

1 - 20 of 26 Posts