Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm just curious and gathering information. Do you guys think it will be possible to get mid-low 14's out of the new LMM 4x4's, with something like 35" tires? I'm sure those times are very possible, but are the attainable without hurting the reliability too much or anything?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I would say so considering PPE has a tuner making 400+ smokeless rwhp allready!!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i seen a LMM with the PPE tuner alone and with the stock size tires run into the low low 14's and i think with just a little more push he would have seen high 13's..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Does anyone know what the Duramax LMM's are rated for as far as gas mileage? I can't find it anywhere. I'm mostly wondering about the 4x4.

thanks, if anyone can find that out for me.

EDIT: Oops, I just saw that there is a whole thread being started about nothing but LMM fuel mileage. I'll just keep tabs on that thread.

·
Registered
262 Posts
my friends father just bought a ppe tuner for his lmm and took off all the emissions crap. that thing is fast and blows smoke....a lot of smoke

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i have heard of one LMM breaking into the high 13's and that was with the straight exhaust or should i say stacks and the ppe tuner with a hard 4X4 launch..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just baught a 07 LMM. I havent been able to find anything as far as upgrades. I was talking to one of my buddies who is a GM master tech, and he was saying he thinks that anything aftermarket does void warranty(even something as simple as an exhaust). but i say GM can pound salt. i was also looking at GM accessories on their website and they do make a different exhaust system for the LMM. the only real information he got me was that if you are going to be doing programmer's and such, to change the exhaust. only because of the filter. He is going to find out some information on GM's exhaust and let me know later on today. and also let me know about the warranty issue. so i will post as soon as i talk to him. also does anyone know where i can get the PPE programmer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
A buddy of mine, just baught a brand new LMM 07' 3500 dualie, maybe 2 weeks after i baught mine and threw a programmer on it. maybe after about a week, the motor stopped getting oil and seized. (not to sure if it was the pump or what) but definatley a factory defect. they scanned the ECU or PCM not to sure what the LMM has but they found a burn left in the computer from the programmer. and voided his warranty. so now we have a 50,000$ truck sitting here and no motor. lesson learned of the day? buy factory computer, program the new one, and throw it in the truck. if u have any problems replaced the new one, with the original so there is no evidence of a programmer and the vin will still match up

·
Registered
9 Posts
A buddy of mine, just baught a brand new LMM 07' 3500 dualie, maybe 2 weeks after i baught mine and threw a programmer on it. maybe after about a week, the motor stopped getting oil and seized. (not to sure if it was the pump or what) but definatley a factory defect. they scanned the ECU or PCM not to sure what the LMM has but they found a burn left in the computer from the programmer. and voided his warranty. so now we have a 50,000$ truck sitting here and no motor. lesson learned of the day? buy factory computer, program the new one, and throw it in the truck. if u have any problems replaced the new one, with the original so there is no evidence of a programmer and the vin will still match up
Your buddie should contact a lawyer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts