Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched everywhere and for some reason the regular cab long box exhaust is very rare...at least i havent found anything yet. has anyone found a turbo or downpipe back 4 inch kit? or will the ec or cc exhaust kit work with a few mods? thanks

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I just put a flo-pro 5 inch on mine. Most of them are just generic kits, using different extension pipes depending on what you have. I got it all lined up and found the muffler delete pipe met up perfect with the tailpipe, but neither was flared so I cut a flare off of an extension pipe and slid it over and put 2 clamps. Gonna weld it soon. There was also one hanger that is no where near anything, I'm assuming there's a spot for it on ec and cc trucks. I can get you some pics of what I mean later when I plug my camera in if you want.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Here ya go. here is the pipe that connects to the front pipe. The hanger on it ended up facing straight down. If I rolled it so that the hanger was upright and level like it would have to be to hook up, the dip in the exhaust hung way down. There was no hanger there to hook to anyway so I just kept it rolled up, gonna cut off the hanger. Maybe on ec or cc trucks there's a spot for it...

Here is where the pipe with the odd hanger from above, meets the pipe that goes up and over the axle. These 2 pipes met up perfect, but neither was flared, so they wouldn''t slide together. I took one of the extension pipes that would go between these on a ec or cc truck, and cut the flare off the end of it. I slid it on so it was over both pipes, and put 2 clamps on it. It's pretty solid right now, but I'm gonna run a few weld beads over the connections just as extra security for the clamps.

It took longer than I expected to do, the instructions that came with it weren't worth a shit, so I was pretty much just using trial and error as to how to piece it together... It ended up coming out good though, The tip ended up pretty tight to the body which I like.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I just put a 4" MBRP with no muffler and i left one piece of pipe out and all the hangers lined up and everything else................ no problems.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that looks good man nice mods to make it work i am going to look into the flo pro exhaust, thank you.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I just put a 4" MBRP with no muffler and i left one piece of pipe out and all the hangers lined up and everything else................ no problems.....
just curious, does yours have that big dip upwards like the flo-pro does?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
sorry it took so long... yes it does.. i put that pipe second in line... right after the one that attatches to the down pipe.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Goes over that first cross member... but you don't have to have it there on my truck it would have been fine with just a straight piece of pipe......I left out the "midpipe" I believe it was called.....

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Just tried to put my flo pro exhaust in that was ordered through my diesel place and only the tail pipe and front pipe lined up....... I was going to start hacking away at it but I was thinking to myself I just paid 650 dollars for it and it should be right. I left a message at my parts guys and see what's up. He recommended the 5 inch, I just figured I'm paying good money and it should work..... Sorry for the rant just a little frustrated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts