Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about running 285/55/20 on an 08 Sierra and I am wondering what kinda trimming will need to be done. It will have the Cognito UCA's. I have not decided on wheels yet I know they will be 20x9 the backspacing will either be 5 3/4 with a +18 offset or 4.61 with a -10 or -21 offset. If anyone has pics of the needed trimming please post them and any info will help I dont wanna spend the money on wheels and have them not fit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just put on some eagle alloy 197 with -12 offset and some 285/65/18 nitto trail grapplers. they stick out way too much. I took off the front mud flap and it still gets into the rocker panel behind the front wheel when turning. I got to do some trimming. I hope to have some pics up sometime soon. I love the looks tho. With it being so far out it really gets into stuff when turning. Some guy from texas had pics on here trimming rocker panel to make 305s fit.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yeah I got some 0 offset BMF's and I do not think I will be able to run any thing larger than the stock size and I also have the ready lift leveled. I guess you can not have both worlds - or 0 offset and larger tires. I have no problem keeping hte stock size to keep my M80's

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would say from my experience to run a positive offset wheel!! I ran 0 offsets and they rubbed a little bit with 285/65/r18's

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts