Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at ordering an Edge HT right now, I am looking at combining it with a PVC re-route. I have 46,000 miles right now. Is keeping the dpf and egr dangerous to my motor? Im looking for longevity of the motor and better gas mileage. Is this a bad way to go? Or is it really suggested to delete?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Not dangerous but I'm sure the truck will fill the Dpf filter more often with the programmer on it. I deleted mine and was well worth it

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Adding more hp will result in more regens, depending on your states emission testing you might be limited on what you can do.
Eventually the DPF will have to be replaced, doing the PCV reroute will cut down on the oily sooty build up in the EGR.
I did the reroute at 15k and kept the egr functioning until about 40k then I blocked it. At 56k I deleted the egr using the Sinister kit and the egr had very little soot buildup with no oily film just soot.
For longevity it would be best to delete both, if you legally can.
There are some people that ran the full emissions crap for many miles with no problems, but there are even more that eventually had problems and deleted.

If your thinking about deleting stuff in the future you might consider going with EFI tuning, then if you make changes you can get your tunes adjusted to your needs.
Edge does not offer emissions deleting with their tuners.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.