Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so I recently picked up a 2008 gmc 2500 6.6 with known problem that when you turn the key starter won’t crank, when you jump the fuse it starts right up. Have replaced the starter/solenoid/and fuse so far but none of that was the case. Have looked around no corroded wires or anything. Also have no power to ac fuse and my trailer breaks don’t work /show no output but haven’t even started getting into that yet. If anyone has any ideas I’m thinking maybe replace the fuse panel maybe something had fried in there? Also she’s at 300k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you really mean FUSE? or do you mean RELAY? If you pull the starter relay and jump pin 30 to 87, the starter should crank (and start if everything else is OK). Please explain how you jumped the fuse.
Yes I meant relay sorry I’m new to working on my own shit especially electrical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have check engine code p0677, cylinder 7 glow plug circuit open so I definitely have some kind of electrical thing going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts