Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you remove that peice around the radio on the lmms...

im pretty sure it just pops off but i want to make sure before i go

i got a double din to put in today
:help :help :help

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
yeah i found a plastic wedge type deal but a screwdriver(small fork type pry tool looking thing) works too i used that once... try not to make marks on the dash though thats one thing i made sure of.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I used a small small flat head screw driver. Once a small piece is up I pulled by hand. I had mine all out in like 20 mintes. nothing broke either! Had it painted by my body shop so its good paint and had it back in the next morning. You'll be good. There all just push in clips. The doors were easy too. Just need a torque bit if I remember correctly. Looks so good when its done though. you'll love it.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used a small small flat head screw driver. Once a small piece is up I pulled by hand. I had mine all out in like 20 mintes. nothing broke either! Had it painted by my body shop so its good paint and had it back in the next morning. You'll be good. There all just push in clips. The doors were easy too. Just need a torque bit if I remember correctly. Looks so good when its done though. you'll love it.
im not painting it just puttin in the new cd player..

i personally like the wood grain. if i was gonna change it, i'd do carbon fibre

dont they make a OEM carbon fibre kit?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
just use very small screwdriver like one used for fixing glasses to get started.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
O ok right on. Well on your white truck I bet it works a little better. It wasn't bad but with my color sceme the wood grain was just horrible. I am a fan of carbon. I have a guy locally who produces it. Can make anything you want. Maybe leave him all your pieces so he can make identical ones of REAL carbon. That woudl be sick

he just bought a 2010 R1 off me, he already had the bodywork made. Its not solid Carbon fiber w/ white. So its black and white. its pretty damn sick he does good work. Started making bodywork for race cars and is doing his own thing now.

·
Registered
105 Posts
painted

any pics from you guys who painted their wood grain accents? Could be nice to just re-paint with the flat they used on the truck. thought??

Help Please!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts