Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LMM's are yall running fuel additives and cetane boost in your trucks? Is it helping/worth doing? Should I not do it? :think1

I have been reading the forum and see where a bunch of you do it in the older models but haven't seen much reviews with the LMM. Trying to make my mind up and make this gentlemen on the forum a happy man. I have been wearing him down with question cause I'm unsure and really don't have a clue as to what to do. I'm thinking he'd wish I make up my mind and make a decision. :rof

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
I do not know if I would do it with the DPF still intact. It may Make the thing regen more often. I have run it since the DPF removal and it has helped

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've been running Amsoil Diesel Concentrate for the last few months in every tank fill and have had no problems or more regens from it. I still have my DPF intact.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I run stynadyne(spelling) in every tank. Regen about every 400 miles. I like seen to get better milage when i put it in.

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
i tried zmax the other day and will continue to do so every 6 months unless i learn i should be doing otherwise

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ninja Ninja you want to look up "Z" max on line they paid a large fine, as there oil treatment that everyone said was so good was mineral oil, with a dye in it. It is owned by the outfit that owns Lowe's Speedway. I run 100% pure diesel just like the manual says.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I run power service in every tank. The white bottle in the winter months and the gray bottle the rest of the year. White helps with starting and the fuel gelling up. the gray boost the cetane points up and increases mpg.
I do notice a fuel mpg drop off if I don't use it so every tank now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i have been using power service in every tank for 2,000 miles and so far I have seen a 0.5 mpg increase with the dpf still there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I run stynadyne(spelling) in every tank. Regen about every 400 miles. I like seen to get better milage when i put it in.
I use the same in every other tank or so and i havent noticed a bit of difference. In my 6.0 ford i did pick up some milage but this duramax just stays at about 10-11mpg no matter what i put in it or how i drive it.:confused:

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I was using power service, but I didn't notice any mileage difference with or without it. I'm going to start using stanadyne though. Seems to be the way to go.

·
Vendor
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all the replies so far keep them coming.

I will put this out there call me crazy (and no I have not drove any different so its gotta be somewhat true.) But the other day I filled up with shell and off of the DIC I started getting 14.4 again (haven't hand cal yet) now mind you I just put on a new fuel filter just one tank before that so that maybe why its still so high. Or the post I read about cetane and additives is true. Which would help me answer my own question.

But please keep the replies coming. Cause if you talk to the service people around here (dealerships) "OH NO DONT DO THAT YOU'LL HAVE...... This coming from the guy who drives the cobalt :rof:rof:rof

·
Registered
62 Posts
I started using amsoil at 30k-100k then switched to stanadyne. I can't tell the difference in the truck with one or the other. I use it on every fill up, and now with 152k I haven't had any problems....the dpf is still on

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
I have been running Opti-Lube XPD with no problems. I am not ready to say that it has increased mileage but, My LMM crew cab, 4x4, dually with dpf does pretty well for 9,000 # truck.

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
I usually have about 8 bottles of amsoil cetane boost in the toolbox and a few of the diesel concentrate as well.

I will put about half a bottle of cetane and 1/3 bottle of concentrate every second tank or whenever i remember.

I dont do it for mileage.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
I don't use additives for mileage either but, every little bit helps.
I do it for three reason:
ULSD sucks
Lubrication
Cetane boost

·
Registered
20,558 Posts
I don't use additives for mileage either but, every little bit helps.
I do it for three reason:
ULSD sucks
Lubrication
Cetane boost
i second that

i run motorcraft cetane boost and have for over a year now and dont worry about the mileage! i run motorcraft bc i can get it at work for dirt cheap!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts