Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my efi from idaho rob, and got 2 tunes from him and a dsp5. My question is if someone sends me a tune how do i load it onto the dsp5? And also theres supposed to be 5 diff. tunes on the dsp5, but it only shows 4 programs to cal. wheres the 5th? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The way mine works from my tuner is simple.

You take your stock tune, apply the DSP5 OS
Save the file and close it.
Re-open the the stock file with DSP5 program
Make sure its in Imperial
Run his DSP5 script
Save the file.
Do a full ECM reflash
Enjoy

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
if it only shows 4 on efilive than you still have 5...they don't count your base tune IRC...tune 1-4 are the actually modded tunes...

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
if it only shows 4 on efilive than you still have 5...they don't count your base tune IRC...tune 1-4 are the actually modded tunes...

That's correct. The base tune is actually counted as 1.

So, DSP1= 2
DSP2=3
DSP3=4
and DSP4=5

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
ya i just checked...Where it says DSP Program #1 is actually the 2 tune on the dsp5...#1 is your stock...heres a picture to show you:

Untitled.jpg

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks that answers one of my questions, anyone know how to do the other one, or do u have to look off the one was sent and put in everything that was modified into one of ur programs? (still learning)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I think you need to take another look.
DSP 4=1
DSP3=2
DSP2=3
DSP1=4
Base tune=5

Maybe mines weird but thats what it is
It all depends on which way you wire your switch...mine is like that too...but on the EFILIVE Tune page, its just like i had mentioned...now i can go back and change the two wires in the ecm to change the direction of the tunes on the switch...but its not that big of a deal to me...alls i care is where my powers at when i need it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts