Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an autocal from my old tuner that is locked by him. I just sold my truck that a V2 was used to tune it with tunes from Kory. My question is, is there anyway to unlock the autocal I have in my possession so I can sell it? I don't care if the tunes are wiped off of it when I unlock it either.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yes it can be unlocked by your old tuner

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had a major falling out. Is there any other way?

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
As far as I know there is nothing you can do to get it unlocked or technically unlinked from the V2 unless the tuner is willing to do it.

You could ask EFI-Live but I do not think they can help you out, but it never hurts to ask.

I would not get your hopes up.

Good Luck

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I have 2 AutoCals from different tuners, if Kory won't unlock it you might/maybe be able to sell it to someone interested in Kory's tunes.
But you never know you might kiss and makeup and use the AutoCal on another vehicle someday. :)

I was stuborn over something that bugged me and left DuramaxTuner for another tuner 2 1/2 yrs ago, it's a little costly buying twice.
After some issues and a large mileage drop, over the last 8 months when they did a minor change to the tuning.
I was told its a problem on my end, not theirs.
I wanted to try something different in tuning, but was declined, even offering $$$.

Which it turned out it might have been on my end, but I was told on my thread (Do's and Don't s) I don't know what I'm talking about, and only on this forum.

By then I made a call to DuramaxTuner with my tail between my legs to see if I might be able to get this tune I wanted to try from them.
They was happy to help and obliged me with that tune and made a few small adjustment to my first tunes, and included a trans file that makes the shifting even better. :D

My mileage is now back up above 14, which I haven't seen for over 2 years and the other problem is gone.:neener

So you'll never know in the future, you might go back.
I still have a AutoCal and my Quadzilla not being used, your not the only one with multiple tuners laying around.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
After reading this I'm glad I waited and purchased a used V2, the tuner can lock the tune fine by me, just hope he does not lock my ECM while installing his tune, now that would be the wrong thing to do. Not that I could do anything about it, it would just be wrong, period...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.