Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help guys! Bought an edge evolution cts3 for my “new to me” federal lb7 duramax. Bought it off my buddy who’s owned it for 7 years and never tuned it. The truck is super slow and I wanted to wake it up however when I try to tune it, the programmer displays “ An error has occurred! Failed to read the vehicles factory data.” Edge support says they can’t unlock it because it’s a federal truck and wants me to return it. I really wanted to use it, and really don’t want to do efi live, so is there something I’m missing? Anything I can try? Will my truck being federal make it so I can’t tune it with a programmer? It almost seemed like they were guessing the programmer didn’t work because it’s a federal truck. I don’t see how that changes anything either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
2003 Chevy LB7 CCLB 4x4
31 Posts
Bump

· Registered
407 Posts
I’m pretty sure your edge/banks/bully dog programmers should still work with it, the first thing I’d try is take it to the dealer an see if they’ll reflash it for you an try it again. And if I’m not mistaken lb7’s (could be others to) but there really picky, I’ve read some people taking the fuse out for the radio for things to work right but I can’t remember if that’s an lb7 or different motor, but I’d start with the reflash, I’m pretty sure all 3 I said above are emissions compliant so maybe someone with more knowledge will come in

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.