LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,290 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the LockNLube coupler snap onto the lower ball joint zerks of the "classic" Silverados and Sierras? I always have trouble with grease leakage there on my '05 2500. It was the same on my '02.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The "chinese knock off" looks better built to me going by just the pictures. The $30 part uses mostly stamped metal (handle, pull back mechanism on locking ring, bottom lever point), where as the $18 one has more serviceable pieces should something break (screws, rivets, thicker locking ring, thicker handle). Either of them would probably last a very long time for home service.

·
Registered
481 Posts
ok inside the clamping of the lock n lube,,it has a piece that tightly seals to the fitting,chinese knock off doesn't.plus the lock n lube has extra clamps for a rebuild if needed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
ok inside the clamping of the lock n lube,,it has a piece that tightly seals to the fitting,chinese knock off doesn't.plus the lock n lube has extra clamps for a rebuild if needed.
Are you getting that from the image, or do you have one of the cheaper ones? I couldn't find any pictures that show the inside of the tips to see what the seals look like.

From the back of the package on another listing...

... Multi-Year Service Life: High-Performance Hydraulic Seal ...
I really don't see how any grease nozzle could be made without a seal, the grease would never go in the zerk.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Looking at the photo and the geometry of the linkage... it looks like it's a "over-center" device. You manually push the lever down to lock it on, them manually lift the lever to release.

Screw that.

The LocknLube is springloaded, and is operated with one finger.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,290 Posts
No Chinese knockoff , in the history of mankind.... was ever "better built".
They do have a better border wall than we do. :wink2:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Are you getting that from the image, or do you have one of the cheaper ones? I couldn't find any pictures that show the inside of the tips to see what the seals look like.
here you go,chinese one doesn't look like this on the inside.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,571 Posts
I had a different style chinese locking grease nozzle that you pulled back to release it like a quick connect air hose end and could never get it back off of the fitting, threw it in the trash a few years back.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Reading these posts on the Lock and Lube coupler, i see that many like the product (if purchased from the manufacturer to make sure not a knock off). However; The straight on orientation of connection to grease points seems really "long" to me.... can someone verify this coupler easilly connects to all zerks on an L5P duramax....? I will order if so but i would like to make sure. It seems to me a 90 degree coupler would be better- is there a better option from lock and lube?

·
Most Known Unknown
29,348 Posts
I have one, and maybe it was just a few clogged zerks but it kept pushing out under pressure..

but most of the zerks I have it has worked without issues!

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I have one, and maybe it was just a few clogged zerks but it kept pushing out under pressure..

but most of the zerks I have it has worked without issues!
Thank you.
So other than clogs, the coupler connects to zerks (orientation wise) with no problem...?

·
Most Known Unknown
29,348 Posts
oh yeah no issues!

doesn't pop off and is very easy to connect and disconnect! I had a standard coupler before and it kept getting stuck on the zerks and creating alot of unnecessary headaches!

·
Premium Member
9,571 Posts
Reading these posts on the Lock and Lube coupler, i see that many like the product (if purchased from the manufacturer to make sure not a knock off). However; The straight on orientation of connection to grease points seems really "long" to me.... can someone verify this coupler easilly connects to all zerks on an L5P duramax....? I will order if so but i would like to make sure. It seems to me a 90 degree coupler would be better- is there a better option from lock and lube?
I haven't had any problems with it on our duramaxes but have ran onto some fittings on other equipment where they were in deep pockets and I couldn't get into them to push the lever and latch them. I purchased an adapter set that fits about any fitting and position to go along with it, this thing is priceless if your greasing things by your self. I believe that they sell two different lengths of the lock n lube.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Subd for a later purchase

21 - 40 of 52 Posts