Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Stock intake with Donaldson filter. Yes, opened the fender well and no blockage. Thanks for the reply D_R_C!

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Having the CTS2 what’s your MAF g/s readings idling ? 35-40 is decent for a paper filter.
What I have there ain’t no lag, when it gets down to about 38 g/s I’ll put in a clean filter.
Believe this or not, knowing the readings with a new filter when they drop about 5 g/s it’s about time to put a new filter in.
Back in the day most of the time Rob dialed in his tuning with a aftermarket intake.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Mine was 39 average at start-up and then went lower as she warmed up.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
It's normal for it to drop a little at operating temps, 39 is pretty good cold for a paper filter.
Monitoring MAF g/s is like having a filterminder the good part is you don't have to pop the hood to view it, but its 100,000% more accurate.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Thanks D_R_C! Had one of them fancy air filters but it didn't seal and allowed dirt in the intake. Had to clean the MAF it was soo bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone that has commented update the mileage they have on the tune? what tune do you run? and if you have had problems?

Iam close to pulling the trigger and looking for long term feedback.

Thank you!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Can anyone that has commented update the mileage they have on the tune? what tune do you run? and if you have had problems?

Thank you!

I’ve been running the deleted 150hp race tune for over 140,000 miles with no issues related to the tune. I’ve kept the cat on for noise and drone reduction and because I’ve been too lazy to pull the crossmember to swap out with a cat delete pipe.

240,000 miles and still runs like a champ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Mileage gains for me 0.
If you only looking for mileage gains, I think you’ll be disappointed, I know I was.
Heavy tow tunes approx 30-40hp, I do have motor ops heavy tow tuning, I’m currently running ATP.
I have 4 different EFI tuners tunes all heavy tow, no difference with mileage all the same 0 gains.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts

Thank you!
i dont have the kinds of miles on my tune that these other guys do but im happy with it at about 15K so far. i did pick up quite a bit of MPG improvement, however the truck was only getting mid teens to start with, so i suspect the DPF was restricted or there was some other issue that was limiting the trucks performance, and the tune just removed the issue. my current 62 mile average is around 22-23 on the highway, and my best is 24. With city driving im usually around the 17 mark, but i have what i have been told is a lead foot....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts