Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I have been fighting with for 6 hours... I like the old girl, but jesus it's a pain the ass to work on with the motor being under the cab :cookoo[1]:... ffs ford.

Doing up-pipes & gaskets. It's a 99 so everything is rusted solid. I'm annoyed with it atm, so forum and beer to relax.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Unbolt the body and jack it up a few inches. Only 6-8 bolts hold the body to frame and a floor jack and a few 2x4's should give you a few extra inches without having to unplug everything. I saw one getting a turbo and EGR cooler replaced (6.0) and they had the whole body off, made things really easy to get to.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, it's all out now. It would be nice to have something to lift the whole cab off, but... I don't. if I was tearing into the block further than injection I would be finding a way tho, did the injectors like this to.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you doing to it? I hear hybrids really wake those trucks up.
up pipes and gaskets, getting stinky in the cab... it's my wife's work truck and it's starting to get to her. I would love to throw a new turbo on, but the Duramax ate up a lot of money this month :thumb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts