Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the truck in my sig with all the after market parts listed....with that being said with what i have done to the truck and i plan on selling the Quadzilla and getting the EFI live put on....what after market tranny woud you guys suggest me running under my truck.

If Warranty doesn't cover my truck i am just going to throw a high performance tranny under it and be done with it.....I play every now and again and i am constantly pulling low boys or boats.....out of a scale of 1-10 i am probably at about a 7 on how i drive my truck, love blowing the doors off of Cummins and Powerstroke and mustangs or whatever:gearjamin

Just need to know what tranny would accomidate my driving habit and where can i get one put in around my area. I live in East Texas around Beaumont!

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give....I've been told about the Suncoast GMAX, how is it and about what do they run....Also who would i get ahold of to order the right thing for my truck?:help

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so who is a preferred Tranny builder that can build me a good tranny

·
Registered
151 Posts
You just replied to one of the BEST. call him.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will do bro nice to know there are people here to help you out when you need it

·
Registered
591 Posts
There is no one in Beaumont i would trust but there is a place in Willis called Relentless Diesel that is supposed to be good or Calvins transmission in Louisiana. If you need a vacation go see Mike L. In California or Big Dipper in Maryland. Texas Diesel Performance in Dallas is good too. I am planning to tackle mine myself but it wont be til next year.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is no one in Beaumont i would trust but there is a place in Willis called Relentless Diesel that is supposed to be good or Calvins transmission in Louisiana. If you need a vacation go see Mike L. In California or Big Dipper in Maryland. Texas Diesel Performance in Dallas is good too. I am planning to tackle mine myself but it wont be til next year.

Do you live in Labelle off of 365 here in Mid County? didn't realize Mike was in Cali, Now that Dallas guy i heard was pretty good at these tranny's

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yes i live off of 365 down Labelle rd. A little ways.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Groves. we'll have to meet up some time

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sounds good i should be headed back to the track in a few weeks. Ill let you know.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just had Mike L. build me a trans and ship it to me. After talking to him. I had no doubts or worries.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
who put it in for you?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey grizz what all does your stage IV intell, just wondering cause i am thinking of going the same route, what HP is it rated for and whats his warranty on it? Thanks for any help, i may be giving Mike a call and have him build me a tranny!

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
that would be your best bet ^

i drove 7 hours for my trans build. No need to worry about a warranty if you know its done right. But mikes and the guy that did mine have warranty anyways. Because they are the shit

·
Registered
151 Posts
Holton and Chad from Alligator put itm in for me. Fortunately, they're only 20 minutes from me. Give Mike a call. He's great to talk too and can go over everything you need to know.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well i talked to Mike L. Man is a wealth of knowledge on these trucks and trannys...when i told him where i lived her referred me over to Calvin's Custom Transmission Shop 30 min from my house so it looks like i am fixing to get me a bad ass tranny built by Brad and the Crew over at Clavin's....thanks for the help guys i am pointed in the right direction now. aFTER I get this up grade i'll be laying the hammer down.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good to hear. Mike is the man.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I just had Mike L. build me a trans and ship it to me. After talking to him. I had no doubts or worries.
how much did that cost you? what was the turn around time. Did he build one ship it to you then you send your old one out to him?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts