Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin at a new 2011 Dmax would like some input. It's 2500HD crew cab I drove it today man it is way different than my 2003 Dmax. love the camper mirrors. so what do you guys think? I tow a 31 foot camper (ball hitch) and a 20 foot enclosed. Seen any problems? what about back up cam it's not on the truck but they said would install it. Seems like a pretty tuff truck.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i had a 2004 LB7, and loved it and it was great no issues whatsoever. But it simply just dosent hold a candle to my 2012 gmc denali dually. I had my 04 tuned, but the power of the LML is unreal. I am simply in love with this new truck! it wasnt hard too see my 04 go after some miles on this 2012.

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
You'll love the way the LML pulls.

The massive service brakes mean it will stop better as well.

The exhaust brake is a bonus.

I thought the back-up cam was a gimmick, but after using it I find I am glad it's there, especiallyh when hooking up the ball hitch.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Tow a heavy load with a 2011 on some mountain passes, you will never look at another truck. With the new frame ,bigger brakes ,huge payload, bigger axles and suspension, Exhaust brake:), it is one heck of a strong package.It is a big step up from even my 07 LMM (awesome truck)for stability and power when towing.The Duramax/Allison is just icing on the cake.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Add a Hensley and you are good to go. 75mph all day long and never a wiggle

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tow a heavy load with a 2011 on some mountain passes, you will never look at another truck. With the new frame ,bigger brakes ,huge payload, bigger axles and suspension, Exhaust brake:), it is one heck of a strong package.It is a big step up from even my 07 LMM (awesome truck)for stability and power when towing.The Duramax/Allison is just icing on the cake.
Ditto on this....just finishing my first towing trip...3000 miles with a 15000 lb 5th wheel, and it is the most enjoyable towing experience ever. An amazing towing truck and always over 11.5 per gallon. Puts my 2006 Ford F-350 PSD to shame...and despite being a POS engine, it was a nice towing truck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too funny I have be running a Hensely for 10 years and love it. Have never towed a fifth wheel everyone says they tow better than a ball hitch. The Hensely I am guessing it is somewhat comparable just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got mine sold my 2008 all i can say is wow what a difference The cam is very nice and the power is great. You will not be disapointed at all

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm selling my 2011 LTZ if interested let me know. only has 16,000 on it

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
After posting about your fuel economy woes with the deletes and programmer and voiding your warranty..... good luck with the sale :cookoo[1]:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, just kinda effed that sale up. I think gonna buy an unmolested truck. We went to the dealer the other night look at a truck I really liked. The porter had to get it off the front ramp pulls it around for me to test drive with a nice BIG dent in the front fender. The sales guy says no problem we'll fix it. yeah I know there gonna fix it I just know it has been replaced. Going tomorrow night to check out another one. How do you guys like the cloth interior????

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yeah, just kinda effed that sale up. I think gonna buy an unmolested truck. We went to the dealer the other night look at a truck I really liked. The porter had to get it off the front ramp pulls it around for me to test drive with a nice BIG dent in the front fender. The sales guy says no problem we'll fix it. yeah I know there gonna fix it I just know it has been replaced. Going tomorrow night to check out another one. How do you guys like the cloth interior????
The cloth interior on the 07 and up are not near as nice as the pre 07 cloth seats. The new cloth attracts a lot of lint and looks cheap.. On the other hand it seems to hold up pretty well.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Do not reply to this poster. He was branded a Troll on a thread he started earlier. Beware of this TROLL.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So I made the deal tonight I pick it up tomorrow. let the fun begin bed liner,tint,step bars.......

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
So I made the deal tonight I pick it up tomorrow. let the fun begin bed liner,tint,sep bars.......
Get a DEF skid plate while you are putting on the step bars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok thanks for the tip, I see the brand on yours. Where did you get?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Dealer put it on as part of the deal. There are a few brand out there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well picked up the new truck yesterday. Love it so far tinted the windows put my step bars on tonight. bed liner is getin sprayed tomorrow. pics coming soon, wtf is with the hitch thing the receiver why change in size never seen anything other than 2in.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That is a class 5. 2 1/2 inch reciever, welcome to the big leagues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts