Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at exhaust systems of my 2006 Duramax. Right now I'm like the 5in turbo back MBRP with no muffler, and also the new down pipe. I was just wanting some opinions on what other people have done and what systems they like. Thanks for the help. By the way I'm really new with this diesel performance stuff!!!

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
^^^ Agree I have MBRP and have only heard great things.. 4" or 5" will make you happy

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
How does the compare to say a flopro? My local diesel guys swears by the flopro? Is the 06 motor the same as mine? Im in the same boat. want to change the exhaust to get better fuel mileage but I really dont want it to be any louder

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Flopro is big in the Ford crowd. They make kits for the duramax, but they're not near as popular as MBRP is for the dmax crowd. When it comes down to it, they're all just bent pipe. The only difference is the sound of the muffler, and how good they fit together. MBRP's fittment is top notch, as is their quality control. An MBRP kit with a muffler will barely sound louder than stock in the cab except when you go more than 3/4 throttle or so, then it'll get a little louder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts