Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a '03 C/K2500, 6.6L duramanx, LB7. It is a single cab. It has 40,000 miles and is loaded. It is in mint condition. However, I wont be able to see it because it is coming from the East Coast and I live in Hawaii. The dealer will deliver the truck to Hawaii at $24,000. Does this sound like a reasonable price? Also, is there anything I should know about this year and model? Mahalo!!!!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Welcome!!, Yeah, with the price including delivery, that is a decent deal. I did a price check on NADA and it looks as the truck is worth about 25-26,000 in south carolina (I used a zip code there). As far as what you should know, your injector warranty is 7yr/200,000 miles. You should still have some engine warranty left depending on when it was first put into service. You will enjoy the truck.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
LB7 is the code for the first generation duramax. I believe they were rated at 300 hp 520 lb/ft of torque. Also, the turbo that is used on this engine is a fixed vane turbo where as the ones to follow were VVT (variable vane turbo).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Although I live on the West Coast where road salt is seldom used, I would be concerned about purchasing from the East Coast, if any of the states use road salt in the winter. I had a car from an area that used road salt extensively in the winter, and the body work looked like swiss cheese as soon as I bought the car and ran it in a west coast marine climate (like Seattle or Honolulu).

Good luck.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Looks good. Wouldn't he really need to worry about his injectors if it was an earlier model '01 or '02 LB7?

Sounds like a good deal.
03s and 04s still have the same problem, just not as frequent as the earlier design. It will be only a matter of time until the 04s are covered. With that low of miles, I hardly doubt there would be a problem with that truck. Overall though, the 03s and 04s haven't had the problems that the 01-02 had.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Nope, the front maybe about a half an inch higher than stock. I had the front cranked for 1 day, couldn't stand the ride. Took it back the next day and had them lower it back down. I am fitting 285/75-16s on 16x8" eagle alloys with 4.5" BS. I can't run the factory molded mudflaps on the front. I only did a little trimming and zip tying of the fenderliner.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
It's probably just from the 285s. I have been asked if I have a lift on my truck many times. the truck sits pretty high compared to a stock truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts