Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DVD player took a crap yesterday so I'm looking to replace it with a full screen mount that will fill the entire radio spot. Any suggestions guys?

·
Registered
207 Posts
There are tons of units available need a little more info to make a good recommendation are there any features you specifically want? Does your truck have Bose? Steering wheel controlls? Do you have an iPod? What kind of phone do you have? Want navigation?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are tons of units available need a little more info to make a good recommendation are there any features you specifically want? Does your truck have Bose? Steering wheel controlls? Do you have an iPod? What kind of phone do you have? Want navigation?

Thanks for asking those questions/sorry didn't specify. No don't have Bose. It's all factory. Except my crappy aftermarket dual DVD player that took a crap. The bigger pain in the butt about it was you had to have the shifter in drive to have the screen come out and then you had to make sure you closed it if you shut the truck off or else it would hit the shifter when in park. That's why I'd like one that just fills the whole spot and slides downward slightly so I can insert a disc or has the small slot for the disc.
-I do have the steering wheel controls.
-I do have a iPod.
-Up in the air on navigation (if u have a recommendation for with/without) would be awesome.
-Also If possible I'd like to have the jack in the back so I can plug in my own backup camera would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would check out the Jvc kwav61bt? Might have screwed that number up, it's only been out for a Week, but is a big step up from last Years model and I had many happy customers with that one, includes Bluetooth and iPod connection and a back up camera input, if you have a smartphone you can have navigation by downloading a free app to your phone and plugging the phone into the deck, but its about half the price of the navigation head units.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I just bought the new kenwood (forgot the model #) has nav (garmin) dvd player and anything else you can think of just about lol. 1200$ for it. Its pretty sweet so far

1 - 5 of 5 Posts